Thursday, February 4, 2016

Jerusalem May Get a Reprieve

Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night - June Cleaver ... and Eminem

Talking about "Andromeda Weeps" with the Raven and a friend of his brought a strong reaction that burning Jerusalem is extreme and is not necessary.

From that conversation:

I appreciate this, I really do. I'm an old fucker and I talk to other old fuckers but they're too, well, old.  Even their babies have babies but your perspectives are different and it's hugely interesting to hear.

I'm not sure I'm willing to change the story line but I will pound on it some more to see if there's any other way it could work.  I do see the Sea of Jordan answer and perhaps that is ok since the world did not actually get burned so there may not be a good enough reason to burn Jerusalem.


I'm reluctant to make it a Snow White and chipmunks ending but I'm not averse to it, tho.



Doc said the other day 'you will not change my mind' and I thought it was kind of sad as mine changes all the time if there's a better answer.  I'm not sure Alexander and his friend have a better answer but I am sliding.  I might have been a little hard on the Beaver last night.


The unwritten hope in the burning Jerusalem version is surely the shame of this will mean nuclear weapons will be destroyed and this can never happen again.

However, perhaps it is answered better by the averted loss of the center of Western religion than it is by destroying it because we end with the question ... will this stop the nukes forever.

This has got a big bucket of preach in it if I ask if it's enough to have the grand love between Jason and Andromeda plus, presumably, a different kind of grand love for Jerusalem to ensure peace and nukes will never be used.

With love of woman and love of God, peace will come?

That is not my message because that exists already and we do not have peace.  Getting anywhere near that kind of reasoning only means I will fall into a pit and be eaten by a grue.


This will get more thought because it's definitely not answered.  I have one answer which works:  Jerusalem burns for the sins of the radiation weapons.

That doesn't mean it's the only answer so I'm interested.

No comments: