Saturday, February 13, 2016

Silas Scarborough at the Cat's Amsterdam MusikCircus at 14:00 SLT Today (video)

"The End of the World in Fort Worth" has been steadily climbing on YouTube and that's unusual but swell to see.  I haven't made up my mind if I will open the show today with this one or use it as the closer but, either way, it's my big bang tune just now ... and it better be after all the time I worked on it (larfs).





This may not seem it will work for live but the plan is to do a spoken intro up-front to replace the video sci-fi part showing people disappearing off the street and why, oh, why, is this happening.  So, for live there's some patter over the mike to set the scene and then go straight to "The Sanctuary Song" which starts a couple of minutes into the video.

A more advanced prototype of "Andromeda Weeps" will roll out just because it's a gas to play it and I feel weird to love one of my own songs but this one has a whole lot of history.  The only history I carry forward is in the chords and in the memory of my friend, Ophir.  The chords have not changed significantly since I first wrote it but nothing else I'm using for this is older than a few weeks.

The song has to stay precise to the meaning of the first writing thirty years ago when Ophir and I played it together.  He liked the idea as well because the answer is simple:  don't push the button.  It's another way of presenting 'what if they had a war and nobody came' but it's evolved somewhat for the atomic age.  It doesn't get technical in any way in the song, that's not the point.

In my own life, they did have a war and I didn't go.  That decision cost me my life ... and I would do the same thing again.  I make no attempt to 'redeem' myself, what I did was right.  If you doubt it cost my life, even my own family (some) has contempt for me for what I did and the others had no idea what to say.  Still I would do it again and for exactly the same reason:  I'm not going to kill anyone and damn sure not as a stooge for someone else.  Resilience is important and obedience never is.


The on-again / off-again aspect of numbness is persistent and maybe it's ergonomic or maybe I stroke out.  This is America and I do not have medical insurance.  It doesn't work here as it works anywhere else and I could see a doctor ... in about three months.  Thanks to the GOP for cutting the Veterans Administration.  Love ya.

The numbness comes and goes and it's not clear what triggers it.  There's no telling if it will affect the show because it comes suddenly and my right hand becomes close to useless.  wtf??  This doesn't come with the pins and needles which warn of part of you going to sleep.

Note:  I don't look to the Internet for information on medical things because, as you can see from Facebook, the Internet is the perfect place to make any malady worse.  You can get more half-ass science from Facebook than you can get from Wiley Coyote.


The Silas Scarborough show will definitely happen although what will happen isn't entirely clear (larfs).

The 'larfs' are real as this sort of thing does make me smile at the absurdity of life.  I'm following a techno set so I'll be heading to the bottom of the Atlantic faster than the Titanic on an Arctic cruise ... but it's cool.  It's the same in any gig as some will run and some will stay while the worst is if they don't do anything because that shows they're not even listening to it.

(Ed:  people go to gigs in Second Life and don't listen?)

Yah, sometimes that's true and that's one of the big differences at Cat's MusikCircus:  she pulls some really great listeners.  So ... 14:00 SLT (2pm Texas time)

No comments: