Monday, November 7, 2016

The Latest Medical

There is no big surprise but there's a whole lot of strangeness.

My left dawg, the one with all the broken bones, swelled up in a most concerning way and not for any apparent reason.  After some while, the swelling went a good bit down again.  Both dawgs are a tad swollen anyway but this was really big, really sore, weep weep weep.

All I can figure is maybe I took a wrong step and it jiggled them bones in some kind of way they seriously did not like.  I'm not entertaining thoughts of blood clots, etc but that was a concern during the course of it.

- Insert whiny editorial about long wait for a doctor which would be interpreted as VA incompetence by some readers and Washington neglect by others (i.e. me) -


The cough blood comes and goes with minor traces being frequent and periodic holy shit, look at all that blood.  The general theory is excessive coughing causes it but the pattern is extremely unclear.  The holy shit episodes don't seem to match to any overt trigger.  I thought it was a clear match of smoke-a the reefer, you cough-a the blood but that wasn't consistent.


I even take fookin' calcium pills (prescribed).  My ol' Mother took calcium pills, fer chrissakes.  They're huge horse pills too but that was ok today since I remembered those and that triggered the memory I had not taken the regular items.  Usually I never bork that because I move the stuff from one side of the desk to the other each day and that association is almost always enough.

The calcium pill isn't just a fun fact from the Rockhouse since maybe that's germane to the situation the swollen dawg.  I've already been warned about osteoporosis and that was the reason for the prescription.

Note:  the above sounds like I take a lot of medicine but I don't.  One of the prescriptions is for Vitamin D pills.  We're not exactly talking high-end meds.


The Buspirone is still some freaky shit and I'm not really sure what it's doing to me.  There's definitely wobblies from it but not for playing.  Dexterity is good but balance is shot and that wasn't new with the Buspirone but it got a lot dizzier.  The drug was prescribed for sleep but its primary purpose is to ameliorate anxiety as it's specifically pushed out as an anti-anxiety drug.  The latter aspect of that is of interest and I'm still not sure if it works so that's why I put up with it until I do know.

- See non-editorial above about flying blind as I have no idea what comes with this stuff most of the time -


If you wonder why so much focus on the Rock City ... the above is why (larfs).

It's only been a few minutes since saying to Yevette, "Thinking 'I wish' will suck the heart right out of you."

That wasn't for any wish of my own but rather it's the General Zen of Being Completely Fucked.  There is only Now and from that there is only Making the Best of It.

To that end, I (gasp) took a bath.  I thought I could make it to my next birthday for the annual soak down but I relented.

Ed:  it's almost a year until your birthday!

Yes, is that a problem??  I'm old.  No-one gives a shit if I even wear clothes (larfs).

Ed:  but you do because otherwise it would excite them too much?

Naturally.  I'm glad you understand.


The bath is so I can suit up in the second-hand tux and (gasp) record something while looking all swanky.  For me, that's Making the Best of It.  There can't be any 'whoopsie, I forgot to record' with that one.  Unknown if that happens today as I want clear light but I don't want the ultrareality of the actual Rockhouse.  That's just a fine point but it's getting close enough to think about it.

Note:  a music studio is an ugly hellhole if you don't like seeing all that kit all over the place.  For me it's heaven on Earth.

No comments: