Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Participating in Elections vs Walking Saint James Way

What I glean from online is making videos makes no difference since you probably won't watch them but you do read mindless crap I write on social networks and on the blog.

Why Go Walkabout

The conclusion from that is none of this means much toward the videos and the Way of Saint James is escalating in priority with me because there's no reason to continue doing anything else when there's the real prospect of finding people who actually have a purpose on that road beyond counting shekels ... or at least they look for one. I  don't sense any tangible purpose in America and there's an overwhelming hatred radiating from every street corner.  Kill the queers.  Kill those hellbound queers.  Patience, my ass.  I want to kill something.

Note:  I know the regular regulars don't want to kill anything but you know what I mean when there is such vile, hateful stuff echoing from every TV screen.

Yeah, yeah, kill the queers.  Maybe I should make a meme for Facebook and still have time to jerk off before sleeping.


Republicans are complete stinking shitbags and the difference between they and the Democrats is the latter drones are also complete stinking shitbags but they pretend they're not.  Here at the Rockhouse, we see that as completely stinking reprehensible.  If you're going to be a complete stinking shitbag then at least have the balls to own it.

Kannafoot said, in effect, 'too bad for the Indians, they should have had better weapons' and I see that attitude as completely fucked but he's honest about it whereas Democrats don't do jack shit for Indians but pretend they love them.  Frankly, we see Kannafoot's honesty, although completely fucked, is better than that false alternative.  Maybe Kannafoot will change his mind whereas Democrats do not seem possessed of one.


Show Me the Money

The general premise is maybe it nets three grand to sell off everything down to the carpets in here.  That's not for the whole place, just the Rockhouse.  So maybe that makes the nest egg.

Out of that has to come the hiking kit but it can't be too heavy to manage so balances have to be made.  A high-quality pair of Timberland hiking boots is not terribly expensive but they're heavy.  Wearing sneakers is probably not a good idea but unknown.  Sleeping bag and tent are likely high-ticket because they must be light but high quality.  There are lots of artsie fartsies buying such things so prices are probably high.

Beyond that, nothing else is necessary and there can't be any superfluous kit because I'm not in any kind of shape to carry it.

It requires no elaboration as I do not hope to survive it but my purpose is not seeking death, rather it is seeking life which does not exist here.  There is no money for anything except smoking, fucking with the Internet and waiting for death.  Maybe you think there would be if not for the reefer but I'm a hair's breadth from suicide anyway because there are zero reasons to live.  What I hope to find is a reason to live rather than a rationale for dying.

On the Way, it's reasonable to expect cigarette smoking to drop to about 12.5% of what it is today with an accompanying drop in the ganja although we do not anticipate difficulty finding it.  Soda consumption also plunges and that goes into the corny cleansing toxicology but some sciencers discovered there was a higher content in heavy metals in American food than in materials constructed from human sewage elsewhere on the planet.  Cleansing yourself doesn't mean much of anything but those three 'foodstuffs' contain active drugs so their effects will be reduced.


Perhaps I can cadge a flight over there but that may be a major ethical situation for my sister when she knows I have no intention of coming back.  At least this time it would cost far less because the only checked luggage will be my backpack.  There shouldn't even be any carry-on items unless they're part of a lunch for the flight plus maybe a book and a notebook.


How Does It Work

There's your extremely Loosey Goosey flight plan:  

- cadge a flight over there for hopefully little or not much
- land in Spain with about three grand in a nest egg
- find a walking stick
- walk

A variable is whether to keep the iPad and the rationale for keeping is it's the lightest piece of intelligent kit which has Internet capability.  Apart from that, I completely hate it but the thing can serve.  The question is whether there's a reason to stay connected.

For the really regular regulars here, yes, there's a reason.  Beyond that, not much.  The purpose isn't to teach, entertain, amuse, etc, etc.


Ah, my favorite bugaboo leaps into view:  GoFundMe.  Yah, send the Old Fucker to Walk the Way until his dying gasp.  Think of it as better than the Elephant's Graveyard because you don't have to deal with the bones.

(Ed:  did you fall in love with a movie?)

That's partly true but I'm aware of it.  The movie, "The Way," is additional knowledge on top of good knowledge which was already there so this 'love' is not simply a high school crush.  This isn't the first time I have entertained the idea.


Feasibility

The biggest immediate consideration is whether I have already blown it.  This thinking probably starts too late this year and anticipating I will be in any shape to do it a year from now is wildly optimistic.  Any measure of that reality requires tactical knowledge such as when do people typically do it; are there good times / bad times to do it; what weather can I likely anticipate, etc, etc.


The Euro trades just about dead even with the dollar so, barring the financial catastrophe about which the pundits love to sell you books on how to avoid, the Euro probably won't drop a whole lot more.  Of course, if it tanks hard then, bingo, another global recession and it won't matter where I am.  Meanwhile it looks like a peach.

Demerits:  Spain is probably crawling with pissed-off Brits who are steaming about the outcome of the BREXIT vote.  I've already heard them bashing Poles and I'm not interesting in hearing any more of that.  They seem to have forgotten the bravery of the Polish pilots who came to the aid of the Battle of Britain.  They were possibly the highest-scoring squadron in the Battle.


Maybe worthy of a brief aside was one guy, life-long addict, living on the Dole for years, and bitching about these parasitic Poles coming to bleed Britain dry.  Well, not before you get to the bottom of the barrel, huh, Smack Man?  The Poles I knew there were a delight and they helped me far beyond what strangers would ever do.  They weren't taking any handouts from anyone as they were running an inexpensive sandwich shop which was my primary means of sustenance over there.  Lovely people and incredibly generous.  The only drawback was listening to "Wrecking Ball" at least four million times on their store television.


This is getting some deep thinking and there's no thinking of, well, fuck it; I'll just go off and die.  It's much more thinking toward maximum use of available resources.  The kit is wasted if I don't use it to the fullest so think ...

For one piece of it, I believe the iPad is in because I don't have any inherent need to broadcast but sharing anything good I find is worth it to me.  The purpose isn't to be some Pollyanna blowing rainbows but rather there's no sense to withholding something beautiful from view either.

No comments: