Saturday, June 25, 2016

Yevette Hits it Perfectly

I told her the music is pointless because the best to come from putting it online is it will be attacked, marginalized or ignored.  People only get off on blood and guts online so long as they're someone else's blood and guts.

Yevette said she likes it and I told her I hate even talking about anything of this nature as it just sounds like a needy puke who should be stabbed with the steely knives.

She said it doesn't sound needy when you're playing.

Seven words which say it all.


The biggest problem just now other than reticence regarding releasing anything is a series of chords for the latest which make some unusual changes ... but I lose track of them.  No, it's not from the ganja as I don't have any, I just lose track of the changes and that's not surprising while I'm developing the bit since the chords don't exist yet because I play with them to see what comes.

(Ed:  write some notes, Mozart!)

Yah, that seems to be the conclusion but I've never written anything down.  My operating principle has been, wtf, if I can't remember it then what good is it.  That's kind of like the Michael Jackson principle a sixteen-year-old boy must be able to cover your song if it's ever going to be a hit.

(Ed:  do you want a hit song?)

No but eliminating the possibility altogether by forgetting the chords doesn't seem the propitious move either.


It doesn't sound needy when you're playing.


Well, well.

No comments: