Friday, January 3, 2014

"Things That Love Makes" - Silas at Cat's Art MusikCircus (audio podcast)

Tonight was my weekly show at Cat's Art MusikCircus and I didn't want to start it out with the same thing I had done previously or, for that matter, anything I had used previously.  I had jiggled a few chords around on the keyboard before the show and thought to myself, hmm, we're starting in Cminor on keys and going down from there.  The result is "Things That Love Makes" and the link will take you to the Ride the Dragon podcast where you can hear it.

This is the best guitar playing I ever did and the mix is less than downtown L.A. but I'm pleased that at least it was captured.  I hadn't done this bit before and it took a long time getting a loop into anything like a groove that I wanted ... so I nipped off quite a bit of time in which it was starting and did a different kind of lead line.  This tune is exactly why it was so maximum crucial to me to get the Galaxy Guitar to the Guitar Doctor as her tone is now as close to killin' perfect as it can get.  Note that's not the same as perfection in amplification / mixing as that still comes but you always play with that.

Maybe it's derivative of every whoop-de-do guitar lead line you ever heard and maybe it is but I take no shame in that.  This one is why I wanted to play electric guitar.  This one is also direct to Cat as I knew while I was doing it that she knew that I hadn't done any of it before so it all comes from the Necromancer place, wherever that may be.  I was getting all emotional while I was playing it and I've never been transported like that before.  It's a most unusual trip in music as you get so far into space with it but you can't go past a certain point as you still need to keep it together to play the thing.  In a way you don't even feel the instrument anymore, it just makes these sounds from a dream a kid had a long time ago.

"Things That Love Makes" is kind of obvious as a title as there isn't anything love doesn't make.  Still, those were the first words out of my mouth when I stopped so that's the name.  I left a bit of patter after the bit as it shows how choked up I was and it's funny to me to hear that.

So, like I close each gig:  Much Love!

No comments: