Monday, January 13, 2014

"For the Dallas Safari Club" (poem)

The last words the rhino said were "Thank You,
for removing me from this sick and twisted world."
It's just a shame that it had to happen
at the hands of a sick and twisted churl.

Like all men you told me that you loved me,
then took what you would and went your way.
Your stench fouls the fields of the Serengeti
more than the bodies you left behind today.

It's my dream that my horns will fill your mantel
or my head will be mounted on your wall.
You said you love me and that's all that matters.
For a good time in Africa, just call.

Save the beasts is your cry while you shoot them
Somehow this makes sense in your Texas mind
but you'll never see any part of the real beauty
as your greed has left you completely blind.


Here's where you can find the Dallas Safari Club

No comments: