Saturday, January 25, 2014

Doctor Phil Asked If I'm Happy

Doctor Phil on Twitter said he didn't think I'm happy.  There are some problems with this, tho.  Doctor Phil is a simpering buffoon, Twitter is meaningless, and happy doesn't mean you want to run around all the time blowing sunbeams and baking Betty Crocker cupcakes.

People often think I'm angry but I'm not.  When one of the cats is in-heat, she will piss me off but little else does.  I keep telling this dumb ass cat that I cannot give her sex and her furry ass isn't my type anyway.  She doesn't listen.

Meow, meow, meow .......  SPLASH!

Can you swim, honey?

(Ed:  you drowned a cat?)

No, but I seriously fantasized about it.

(Ed:  just to be clear, these cats have not been injured in any way?)

No.  The cats are in perfect health so they can continue annoying me into the future.  I do confess they have been quite wet at times but I did try to avoid getting any water on the floor.

People make themselves unhappy trying to be some kind of happy that doesn't even mean anything.  I'm not clear where it's written that life is like hanging out with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and whistling little songs all the time.  In fact, my life is closer to that than it has ever been as I can play pretty much any time I feel like it.




Here are some things you probably didn't know:  the song was written by Frank Churchill and Larry Morey and there seems to be some confusion about who sang it but they say it's 'unofficially' credited to a voice actress named Adriana Caselotti.  The vibrato would be annoying for anything else but it's perfect for this. (WIKI:  Whistle While You Work)

You want some happy?  Here's Snow White (for real).  Adriana Caselotti was also Snow White's speaking voice in the movie.  I thought she might even still be alive but, sadly, she's not.  She had a very unusual arrangement with Disney after Snow White and you may find that interesting.

As you get older you get a better perspective on happy as being alive is quite enough, thank you very much.  Anything beyond that is icing.  Them young 'uns may read that as defeat but that's not it at all, it's education, experience, whatever you want to call it.

Happiness is bending a string and hitting exactly the pitch, not a few cents up or down, it's on it.  You don't do a slow bend and sneak up on it, you go straight there.  This is happiness.

Happiness is when you and yer spouse can be talking and you finish sentences for each other.

Happiness is seeing how happy your dog gets when you come back to it.  Happiness is watching animals do just about anything, for that matter.

Happiness is seeing some idiot go speeding past you in a stupid way ... and then you see him pulled over by the Highway Patrol a few kilometers later.

It doesn't affect any of those things to be massively frustrated with a country that's eating itself.  There is no happiness in watching microcephalic newscasters on Fox News and CNN trying to give 'happy news' in which they're laughing at their own wit.  How is there happiness or laughter in this when they are talking of murder and death.  It makes no sense at all but it has nothing to do with happiness.  That sort of thing is all-out insanity and I will respond to it.  Read it as anger if you like but that's a sensation for the young.  I really don't have time for it.  See above about knowing what happiness is.

No comments: