Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Love Rats ... But Not Spiders

"I Love Rats" is a tune that's a hoot to play and here's a link to a Michi Renoir remix.  He surprised me hugely as I didn't know he was going to do the remix and he released it in a live show.  I was flabbergasted at the coolness of what he did and really hope someday to jam with him for real.

So we love rats.

I'm terrified of spiders.  Big ones, little ones, it makes no difference.  If I see a spider, there is only one answer:  kill it ... because sure as hell the spider wants to kill you.  And, what's more, it can.

So you're thinking I'm a wuss and you can think whatever you like but I got my training as a kid in Australia. Here's an article about Australian spiders and here's the beauty part:  lots of pics.  If you are afraid of spiders, it would probably be best not to look at 19 Reasons Why Arachnophobes Should Give Australia A Miss.

Any time I get homesick for Sydney and, even after all this time, sometimes I still do, all I need to do is remember the spiders and that will pretty much cure it.  There was also the pleasure of looking out beyond the shark fence in the Sydney Harbor and seeing the shark fins moving through the water.  Big kids told the little kids there were holes in the shark fence below the water line ... but the big kids got out of the water just the same until the sharks went away.

That'll do it for a quick moment of spider nostalgia.  How did you like the one that hides on the back of a roll of toilet paper, eh?  Try not to think about that one the next time you need to use the facilities.

No comments: