Monday, January 6, 2014

On Making Stages Explode

Yesterday I tested some fireworks for a gig to celebrate Sister Julie's birthday on Friday.  They were cool in kind of a Walt Disney way but they really weren't too destructive.  For example, when I first started using pyro, I didn't set up the configuration correctly and the fireworks shot into the audience. Now that was destructive ... but very funny to watch as people scampered about trying to dodge the explosions.

I've got a way to make the stage explode in flames and then disappear.  This makes a quite excellent way to end a show as it makes for a Doctor Who exit.  I can't use this technique often as I have to do it on my own stage.  Venue owners don't like it much when explosions destroy their hard-built stages.

CubeOS Boffin made the best fireworks but I don't have them anymore.  With those I could blow up the whole world as they made tremendous explosions and you could set them up anywhere you liked.  Unfortunately, he disappeared without any kind of notice some years ago and hasn't been seen since.  No-one has any idea what became of him.  Maybe Doctor Who took him.  We don't know.

If you have any ultra-cool fireworks in Second Life, please do contact Silas Scarborough or Julie Juliesse.  There must be a wide variety of displays, excellent flexibility in positioning, and definite control in how high they explode.  (I have Damani and DeCuir but neither match what CubeOS could do.)

No comments: