Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Guitar Surgery Seemingly Successful

Maybe it would have been cooler to get some pictures but I imagine you have seen springs before so I doubt seeing more now would do much for your musical libido.

If you run into the problem on your guitar, the solution is pretty much the same for any guitar with a twang bar.  First loosen the strings as re-attaching the spring will increase the tension on them.  Next grip the end of the spring with the needle nose pliers and then pull the twang bar down to meet the end of the spring.  It won't work the other way around if you try to stretch the spring back to the attachment point and you may very well break something trying to do it that way.

The consolation to what happened is that the problems with the Internet today meant I wouldn't have been able to play the show anyway.  I canceled the show yesterday as soon as I knew there were troubles as it sucks to cancel a show anyway but it ferociously sucks to do it on the day of the show as that completely screws the venue owner.

Since I will be seeing the Dallas Doctor tomorrow, I can't play the show at the circus for the gig scheduled there ... but what I can do is play later when I get back.  That sucks for Cat as it gets me coming off Euro time onto US time but Cat and I have talked about doing MusikCircus gigs on US time for a variety of reasons so perhaps I'll do the first tomorrow.  (The reason we have talked about US time had to do with other performers but that news will keep for another time)

I will play some more tonight to satisfy myself the lady is really ok and I'll update if she's not but I don't think that's likely to be the case.

No comments: