Friday, January 24, 2014

Jams on a Friday Night

When the Galaxy Guitar broke I said I wasn't whining for money but I could use a break.  I didn't think there was any chance I could fix it myself but, what do you know, that happened the next day.

She doesn't tune up so easily as she did but that's probably because the tension on the strings was getting jacked so much.  There are only so many bends a string will tolerate before it will get as a lifeless as one of those bimbo broadcasters on Fox News.  (Everything you do to a string stretches it, even if it's just fingering a note without playing it.)

The way it will go today is that I'll be attending when Joaquin Gustav and Voodoo Shilton play and that will start in about an hour.  Sometime after that I'll play here but I have no particular plan to take that online.  There's some stuff that wouldn't be at all fun to hear as one thing I need to do is to work with the bass sound to get the instrument I really want.  If I were you, I'd go off and listen to a political speech instead, it would be more exciting.

Maybe it would work to play on US time later in the evening.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments: