Thursday, January 23, 2014

Kickin' Out de Jams at Cat's Art MusikCircus

There's an ultra-paranoid part that goes after doing anything to the guitar and in that time every squeak or anything unusual get analyzed for whether it's the guitar failing or I'm just being a stinky guitarist.

Backing up a few hours ...

When I got back from Dallas, I figured my game was pretty much over as I was totally beat.

But ...

Cat was still up in Deutschland and we talked a little bit.  Thursday is when I play for her and I didn't want to throw that away.  Cutting that part of my story short, after a while she was tending to some stuff she had to do while I set up opening an audio stream into Second Life so I could play for her.  We planned to meet again when the set up was done.

I be dogged so this be short.

I didn't do anything to tell people in SL there would be a show except to send a Tweet but Cat did some magic and I was extremely surprised at how many people came.  You may think it's poofy crap to talk about Cat Magic but here's a tip:  I'm not the only one who says it and it's a whole lot more than making people appear for a show.

There was no plan to play a whole set as I wanted to play for Cat and I knew it was late for her.  However, with people coming you don't just start it up and walk away so it went over an hour.  The twang bar never failed so I'm calling her fixed.  What I'll need to remember as part of the pre-flight before a gig is to check the springs to see if one is trying to work its way loose.

So I'm most pleased as I was happy to play for Cat and happy the Galaxy Guitar was able to do it.  I also talked to Armand and the gig from Wednesday is now re-scheduled to next Wednesday.  Peaches all 'round!

No comments: