Sunday, April 16, 2017

Grace Slick | Interview 5.18.13 | KPIX

Grace Slick wasn't just an acid queen; she was an empress.

She's as sharp and acerbic as ever and if you haven't heard the Richard Nixon story then you need this one.




Cracked me up when she nixed performing by saying now it's old people flapping their wrinkles around.  She's as cool as she ever was.

She thought it was weird, literally, that "White Rabbit" took off when the theme is based on "Alice in Wonderland" and the composition based on "Bolero."  This is not rock ... how is this rock.

It's the finest kind of rock since we did get it and likely the awareness of "Bolero" was subliminal with most but we were strongly aware this was not the rock format of The Rolling Stones, for example.  She sang of Alice and we were glad of it since life and experience were far more than the war no matter how much the war tried to destroy both.


Thankfully, I am good at taking fun drugs but I don't screw with acid anymore either.  My batting average with that one is about fifty/fifty and the down side of that fifty really sucks (larfs).  The up side of the other fifty was indescribable and that seemed a fair deal to me.  I'm in.  Let's drop.


One pill makes you larger
and one pill makes you small

"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

You know, try as I might, I don't recall those thoughts from Alice but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.


Grace Slick has been a one-woman revolution all her life.

"Now it's time for Morning Maniac Music" - Grace Slick

No comments: