Saturday, May 21, 2016

Nostalgia and Killing it Where it Stands

There is zero fascination with nostalgia but revisitation is obvious in wading through over six hours of my music ranging back over twenty years.  That may sound like the music is an implied curse in doing something I would not otherwise do but it's not true because this was something I could not do, the music was not available to me.

Inevitably there will be a mass release of the Valentine's Day Sessions with the Mystery Lady.  That hasn't happened already because I want to review the EQ particularly because I have taken a tip from something lefty Unplugged in going with subtractive EQ insofar as it attenuates any given frequency rather than boosting it.  This approach seems more effective and it's what I did with "Woman in the Snow" because the pre-Galaxy Guitar was a wee bit too emotive of the Woman's suffering so the highs needed to come down.

That release can't be as an actual release because it's all cover songs and that must be licensed.  We will give them away but we don't try to sell them, never did.  The purpose in releasing them also has nothing to do with nostalgia but rather now I have the music and now I can do a much better release than sending CDs to friends.  In '93, My Duck Soup was still two years in the future.

Releasing the songs is all out of respect for the Mystery Lady's voice and how hard she worked on these songs.  I had mixed up "Rebel Yell" and "Gimme Shelter" with her, tho, as it's the latter in which she is so much into it she's whacking the beat on the side of the mike and, no, no, no, don't do that (larfs).

It's cool thinking of that but there's solid purpose in it and well beyond simply living in dreams.  My purpose isn't to live in them but to send out some more.


The above is after going through three of them.  There's one from a Bleu Katt show which was definitely in Second Life but that has to be distant.  Surprisingly, it's a DVD so there's video of something on there but no idea what it could be.  That will keep until daylight as ripping a DVD and setting up the contents for YouTube isn't terribly awful but it's still time-consuming and intensive.  It's definitely worth it but better in a continuous burst.

More to come and no idea what it may be

No comments: