Sunday, May 22, 2016

Valentine's Day Sessions with Mystery Lady Rolling Out Now

All of the songs from the Valentine's Day Sessions CD are destined for the Ride the Dragon Podcast where they're available at CD-quality (i.e. significantly larger file size) for free.  (It's pointless to give the links for the individual songs because multiple will roll out in the series before I'm finished)

There are seven songs on the CD, all of which recorded in Hazel's Garage which isn't a precious name for a recording studio since it really is a two-car suburban garage.  All of the songs are covers which require licensing for performance or commercial release.  Loading them to the Ride the Dragon Podcast isn't either of those so have a ball.

"Gimme Shelter" is the first out of the box and it's the last on the CD to close it with a bang.  The thinking is doing it the other way around may characterize her as a tear-jerkin' mama but she damn sure is not and you will know that after hearing this one.   This is the one for which she was jumping around, slapping the beat on the microphone, and having a good old time.

Note:  you never, ever want to slap a beat on a mike.  I was thinking maybe I should try to EQ that out of there but it would suck to do that, it's part of the vibe and I like it.


The uploads are now in motion and hopefully complete before the day is out.  In-between is working up each one to discover if more can be pulled out of the sound which actually means is the more I can add by removing parts and that's serious but way more geeky than I'm sure anyone wants to get.  I won't upload before / after comparisons.  I like the new mixes and I believe they complement Mystery Lady's vocals well so the process continues.

No comments: