Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Recording a Video But What About that Bath

Recording a video shouldn't have anything to do with taking a bath but the latter is difficult for actual reasons which I ga-ron-tee you don't want to hear and I know I don't.

Maybe it's amusing that I can ask Yevette if she could help with the slime coat and she knows what it means.  That doesn't mean to remove a slime coat but to add one because some places are hard to reach.  Necessary until bits heal and then I can bathe like I was raised inside a house.

Discus fish feed their babies with a slime coat and that's not a fact from the know-it-all repository since I raised them at one time and that behavior is beautiful to watch.

Mine, however is not.  Regrettably, I have zero pics of the primary Discus, Wilson and Aretha.  Maybe I will write an article as I'm sure Mystery Lady will remember them.  They're such incredibly elegant creatures.


It's too skanky to shoot the video without a bath but there's some juice to play and that needs to be captured before it evacuates since it's been kind of fickle lately.

One reason is almost total relief with the numbness in my arm and that came out of thirty-six bucks of goodness for the keyboard / padding.  The difference is enormous since it only gets some odd tingles now whereas the arm would go almost completely numb and that makes some seriously negative wtf waves.

Ergonomics, that rot is real.


There's not a magnum opus in this but what I want most is a groove for wailing a bit just to hear the strings.  If some hare-brain lyrics come out of that on top, so much the better.


(Ted Cruz: for yer bath solution, grease yer hair down and wear a hat.  That's yer answer.)

That works.  May try this on the next bounce.  So long as my hands are clean, the Galaxy Guitar won't mind.


Here's a visual as the biggest part of music for me isn't kicking back to listen to what a peach of a job I did but rather it's in doing it.  There's the moment when you're using the finest delineations of a wiggle to persuade the feedback to come out of the cave.  You don't want it to get angry and go out of control but rather the objective is to dance with it.  This is the height of deliciosity for me as it's hanging right on the edge of turning into complete crap or something I think is exquisitely beautiful.

There must be some kind of Boss Cool Satriani Feedback stomp box you can guy as New School speed guitarists often get a similar sound in the feedback coming through that style of play.  Not that anything of this nature is particularly natural but that way of doing it seems highly artificial to me whereas Santana does it clearly by wiggling the string under his fingers and that's the dance.  It's a moment in time you can't keep but you can revel in it while it's there.

No comments: