Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Singing the Death March Digression with Angels

That's a friend who says she's going to crash but don't worry, keep playing.  I don't really know how loud it sounds when I play over a stream to you but it's very loud here.  Fortunately the house has music coolness that lets me be very abusive but without bothering anyone too much.  Some houses are like that.  If you find one, stay there.  They are magical even if they may not soon turn up in Better Home and Gardens.

I didn't keep playing as I had already found what I wanted to discover as to how an angel voice would sound over the Death March Digression.  If it's a progression going up then it must be a digression going down, right.  This one is definitely going down.

The angel voices are quite gorgeous, splendidly gorgeous.  The chords come from piano but it's playing with the notes of the chords rather than simply sustaining them for whatever duration.  The angel voices come in over that and sound highly gorgeous.

But that isn't very tragic.  There are crazy fuckers with guns everywhere.  Up and down this street there are people with loaded guns in their homes.  When you go somewhere, they will be people with guns in their pockets.  The people with the guns typically have less than optimal minds and arming them was a stroke of military genius.

Yeah, right.  Tell me you were ever impressed by the thinking of a gun rights advocate.  You won't see them up for Nobel Science Prizes any time soon.

It is a Death March Digression.  When they have over two hundred million guns, I don't know why it would be called anything else.  It's Terry Gilliam absurdity when they buy more and more guns ... to protect themselves from people with guns.  What kind of mental giant do you need to identify the source of that problem.

Answer:  there isn't one so the Death March Digression continues.

But it sounds a touch like "Hotel California" and that thinking could be the Terminal Mindworm as my mind may push it that way even though it is not my intention to do so.  Playing something so it doesn't sound like something else is impossible as the Mindworm is already in your head just from the fact that you think about it.

The chords to it can't change as that's the Digression.  That's what the Necromancer gives.  Anything else I have to figure out myself.

No comments: