Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Saving Things

As predicted, the Nigerian school kids were not found and the story has dried up and disappeared.  So it goes in a Facebook world, the locusts of a world of mind.

Moreover, 69% of Americans do not support a military intervention so apparently no-one was willing to do anything anyway.

The response to what I wrote previously was a bullshit sucker punch.


I'm pissed but I shouldn't be too critical as even Jon Stewart got it wrong.  I gather Rush Limbaugh said something similar to what I did but that doesn't bother me as even that Fascist parasite will get something right once in a while.  Stewart slashed him and that may just be the only time I have ever disagreed with him.


America is forever trying to go around saving things or that's the official story.  What's unusual is that it never works but people keep believing it.


I see the spirits of twenty thousand children rising up and all of them asking, if Heaven is so good, why do I have to die to get there.

But at least they're not hungry anymore ... so say the old biddies say before they go off for tea ... while twenty thousand more kids line up for tomorrow.

Just the amount of food America throws out each day would feed all of those kids for the rest of their lives.


What matters is not the reaction of people in comments but rather what the situation as a whole means to me.  Cat has supported War Child for years.  She has also supported Amnesty International and others.  I don't have a strong interest in Amnesty International as it's at a higher political level and I have no confidence in politics solving anything.  In the corporate world, 'politics' is always the excuse for something that did not work rather than something that did.

So the events in Nigeria have focused me entirely on War Child as it directly serves the children everyone else ignored.


Another one that's very important to Cat is Doctors Without Borders.  These are some of the absolute bravest people on the planet as a good many of them have been killed for doing no more than going somewhere to help their fellow humans.

No comments: