Saturday, May 3, 2014

America Never Had a Pledge of Allegiance

One of the standards on Facebook is to paste a copy of what someone perceives to be a Pledge of Allegiance along with the message that real Americans will paste it onto their own Facebook Walls so even more people can see it.

I want to be a drone
I want to be a moron
I want to be a drone
I want to be a moron
under God
stupidly
blindly
acceptingly
I want to be a drone
I want to be a moron

The forefathers might have liked you to be a robot and repeat a mindless oath every day but there is no evidence of that as they had no Pledge of Allegiance.  In fact, no-one did until nearly the end of the ninetieth century (1892) when the original was written.

But the one school kids are forced to say isn't even that original version.  I wasn't an America so I wasn't required to say it but you bet the other kids were looking at me going, man, I have to do it so why don't you have to do it.  You definitely would get busted if you wouldn't do it and that moves you into the school's behavior problem category.

What is currently passed off as a Pledge of Allegiance was jiggered by the Fascists of the McCarthy regime when they added 'under God' to it.  This made it perfect as not only was it never a part of any plan of the forefathers but now it also rejected their separation of church and state.

American?  People who post that kind of crap don't even know what the word means.  They insult their own pledge but being too fat and lazy to even learn its history.  Fuck those patriotic dimwits and fuck their pledge.  If Thomas Jefferson had said it then it might mean something.  He didn't.

No comments: