Thursday, November 12, 2015

One More Try at Tuning the Axe

Last night got the Galaxy Guitar close to tuned and she wasn't that far gone so there was no damage from string contraction due to changing temperatures.  She's not precisely there but me ergs are more bountiful because of hyper attention to anything I may eat and it's slowly working.  Me BMI is about 19 and that's an increase from where it has been.

Once tuned to satisfaction, I usually can't knock it out of tune by playing unless I really hammer the twang bar.  However, the locking tuning keys on a Godin xtSA are excellent in preventing string slippage because you're not accountable for the windings around the tuning peg; the string goes straight into the lock in the tuning peg and then it's tightened down.

Playing gives energy but it takes some at the same time.  Keeping the balance is the trick.  Breathe, remember to breathe.  There is no plan to record it because I only want to know how it goes.

Note:  'remember to breathe' applies to anyone and those who play know it already.


So ...

(break to try it)

nope, not dead yet.


Trying to live up to the standard of the late, great Paul Delph as no-one will take his axe from him unless they pry it from his cold, dead hands.  His last concert was a privilege and it was all the better to share it with the Mystery Lady.  That's courage I will respect until the day they pry the Galaxy Guitar from my cold, dead hands.

It's still the best exercise I can get and music is life more than it has ever been.

No comments: