Thursday, November 26, 2015

So, You're Still Not Feeling It Yet?

I'm seein' some of you aren't feeling it yet.  Well then ... let's ride ...


I remember a kid and I would put my hands to my forehead and wiggle my fingers at him because kids like silly crap like that.  This became the signal of who knows what between us because only he and I would do it.

Not so long after that, he was sick as a rat and was in the children's hospital because of it.  I went in there to visit him with his parents and he looked so sick and so pitiful.  But he lifted his li'l hands to wiggle his fingers at me and it breaks me down to this day just the same as it did then.

This is not a lament because that was about thirty years ago and that li'l kid is doing just fine with kids of his own.

There are reasons for thanks all over the place.  Some of them only have to keep breathing.


No matter how bad-ass a biker may seem, all will break down over a sick kid.  If you're doubting that, check out the Toys for Tots biker runs at Christmas.

Sure, the Marines do that too but it's a long and proud tradition for both.  As to which group started doing it first ... what difference does it make.  Tell you what, we'll ask one of those kids if that's important.

No comments: