Monday, November 23, 2015

"The End of the World in Fort Worth" - Yep, Still Pending

"The End of the World in Fort Worth" is on an endless review because I'm not a composer but I add as many ingredients to the thinking to make me sure something will happen when I play it even if I'm really not sure exactly what it will be.

There is tremendous fear in people and they deny it but they latch onto Trump's false bravado with all the passion of Wild West snake oil.  I will fix it, I will fix it, he cries.  The more he screams that out, the less people ask how he will do it and the more they feel there is some tremendous problem and only he can bring them Salvation.

That fear is one of the ingredients for the song because that's precisely the fear outside the Sanctuary in the song.  I've seen multiple examples in which people refuse to accept the reality they do understand, they're not stupid, and they switch it off altogether.  Only massive fear will do that and the song must do it all it possibly can to address that.

It's not a false thing to say we have no fear in the Rockhouse because it's true.  Only a silver bullet will kill me and nothing else will stop me.  After sixty-five years, they didn't take me down yet so the other side, in my view, obviously needs a better team.  It's true; I have no fear of that.


The fear is all out there
it consumes them everywhere
there's peace in here right now
come inside, we'll show you how
the Bridge is over there
take our hands and feel we care
there isn't any fear
and we will hold you near


It sounds so preachy, preachy like every death cult in the phone book.



Still fookin' weak ... think ... think ... think ...

No comments: