Monday, April 24, 2017

The High-Tech Fix for the Twenty-Four Dollar Headset

I should have been an engineer.



Well, yes, it does work, actually.  I used some pliers to twist it and the result is surprisingly tight.

I checked it out with the Skype test call and that gave a good result since the audio was clear on both sides and the microphone is working.

Saved by the pipe cleaner.  The need for pipe cleaners is evidenced by the package with a 5 on it since that one contains pipe screens and I need to replace one every three or four days.  The modern is definitely not the 60s ganja.

You can see my fortune there as well.  That plus twenty dollars and I could have replaced the damn headset.

Ed:  lose the ganja

You don't want to know what happens with straight Silas.  The last time resulted in nearly ten years of chaos, call it '98-'08 which had the appearance of reason but made no sense whatsoever.  Who the fuck wants to be a VP in a bank since the only purpose to attaining the rank is to get into the executive gravy round for bonuses and that's a maggot farm you also never want to know.

Ed:  you're just bitter

Like hell.  My colleague and I came to the same conclusion after reviewing with each other whether to get into the running and both bagged it.  In all that time, that was one of the only sensible moves.

Ed:  when you got so high in a bank, how do you end up broke?

Creative financing, darlin'.

No comments: