Friday, April 14, 2017

Happy Day Wedding People in Tennessee

The Silas was a'sleepin' at the wheelin' and I thought the wedding was a week from now but, nosirree, they're warming up for that event right now and there will be one more wedded couple in America by Sunup tomorrow morning.

The Raven and the soon-to-be Mrs Raven will entrance on their really fantastic in only hours now.


Ed:  is the Worst DJ in the World going to work the music for the reception?

Unknown how the music will go but the Worst DJ in the World goes to every wedding which features a spinner.  No-one knows how he does it but everyone knows the music will suck.

Ladies and gentlemen, for the magic of the moment, I offer you this next one which blossomed into now.  And they called it puppy lu -uh -uh love.  It came from the band someone somewhere loves, We Should Not Exist.

The audience starts barfing immediately and the show is on.

Note:  I know the song exists but I don't know who did it and I refuse to find the video.  I've already got that one lyric from it crawling around my brain like a poisonous fucking snake.


So no way they're going to do that but unknown what they will do.

Ed:  how do you know they won't do that?

They're not in middle age.  These are young 'uns and if The Raven has cracked thirty then he's still leaving his shadow on it.  With any luck they have a band lined-up to play.

Ed:  it's killin' you not to see for yourself

Oh, you bet (larfs).


Ed:  what about making babies?

Unknown on that as well but the implied parental contract in all marriages is you kids go off and have fun having lots of sex for a couple of years and then make lots of babies ... and I do mean lots.

Ed:  do they even want babies?

Also unknown but I'm reasonably sure The Raven wants them.

Ed:  do they worry about dysfunctional families?

All families are dysfunctional; some are better at hiding it.

You know it's true since you love that mackerel you married even when he tucks his sweater into his trousers.  You have told him it makes him look like an idiot but he does it anyway.  That's dysfunction and love is why you put up with it.

I therefore submit all relationships are dysfunctional but some are better at covering it up.  There's nothing cynical about that since if you can't handle dysfunction you probably can't handle marriage anyway.


I would dearly love to be there today and have offered already my services with my mondo merengue to make a fool of myself at the reception but it's impossible.

Everyone in the Rockhouse sends all kinds of love to Tennessee and would love to be there.  I know I speak for Yevette in that.

We see lovely weather for the day and the Sun will be shining hopefully to reveal radiant happiness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puppy Love. Donny Osmond
Very little of the music is traditional. But they picked every song and the order in which to play it
Newest Mantra
No crying during the toast

Unknown said...

Oh sure, let's see y'all hold up for that new mantra. I don't know if I would and he's not even my kid.

There's a beautiful day out there with pleasant temperature and it seems the timing is perfect since I imagine the weather isn't too much different there than here.

I sent some Rockhouse best wishes to The Raven on Facebook and he sent back that I'll be there in spirit. Yep, I will. I was going to ask what's he's doing on Facebook today but he really doesn't have to do too much today except suit up and get there on-time. Have a ball!

Anonymous said...

Wedding Best Wishes to the Raven and soon to be Mrs Raven!! ML