Saturday, April 23, 2016

Where Do Bats Go in the Winter (video)

Take it easy.  I wanted to know, alright (larfs).  The answer is surprisingly interesting.




The interest is because they're one of Nature's greatest mosquito killers and mosquitos are Nature's best way of killing us.  Therefore, we deem bats our friends.

(Ed:  that's Middle East logic.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.)

Well, I dunno about the Middle East but I do know a little bit about bats and there was another revelation for those who are too lazy or incompetent to build a bat box yourself (i.e. me).  Amazon has a bat box with a design from Audubon and it's thirty-five dollars.  It's big enough to support twenty bats and you need to do some construction but it's simple.  (Amazon: Audubon Bat Shelter Model NABAT)

Note:  I don't get paid for shilling for Amazon.  I like the idea, it seems to be quality material, and the price is not too bad.


And, just because you were cool enough to read an article this weird plus we love you, here's an interpretation of the Crap Nebula by NASA for Prince.


You can get a full screen wallpaper, 1920x1280, version of that from NASA.

Note:  you need to follow NASA on Twitter to see stuff like as it wasn't their Photo of the Day on the NASA web site.

No comments: