Sunday, April 24, 2016

Vaping for Amusement and Self-Destruction

Using a vape for the ganja is marginally useful but I didn't consider it particularly effective and a Silver Surfer sits here doing nothing.  It's been here for ages but it cost $399 and it's fookin' worthless.  It's never been put up on eBay because a cop who wants to be enough of a prick can still test residue in it and bust me.  In fifty years, I've never seen cops be anything but pricks so the vape still sits here.

Any time I have had any interaction with a cop it has resulted in a fine at a minimum.  My sisters charmed their way out of tickets with those District 5 cops all the time.  They suck.  (larfs)

Vaping the ganja won't do much of anything except make the ganja cost more because of lots of silly hardware.  However, vaping nicotine is one of the Favored Illusions of the Age:  it is vape therefore I am safe.

Correction:  it is nicotine and you will die.

This thinking is fairly pervasive and even Tinkerbell is doing it.  I do not push it with her but for private reasons.


The idea of 'safe vaping' has created a huge industry and you can see it all over the place but the nicotine is the heart killer and it's in all of them.  Whether a vape does less damage than a cigarette is arguable but the argument is pointless when the only outcome of either is death.  That people don't give a fuck about me is obvious, that they do not give a fuck about themselves is heartbreaking.

Lotho was onto it a long-time ago and I had this a bit confused for a while as it seems I had adopted some Jehovah's Witness thinking in that good deeds don't count if you talk about them.  He has written a little bit in comments about things he does and that shows me he's onto it the best way to feel good about yourself is to help someone else.  How he does that is not my story to tell but I can tell you for sure it's real and the people he helps are not known to him except insofar as their need.

Sending something off to United Way or doing it yourself are vastly different things for the Zen side of this.  United Way may assuage your conscience on the golf course but working in a soup kitchen will fill your soul.  My contributions to United Way have been significant but no more detail than that is necessary.  I don't consider that a good deed but rather required for the game.  Doing it did nothing for my soul, it was just a requirement.  After a while they got political about abortion and then I bagged them.  Their choice.

(Ed:  how about I jump to the punchline.  So working in a soup kitchen is how to quit smoking?)

Remarkable perspicacity, my very dear Watson.

(Ed:  why don't you do it?)

See, there you go, you're spoiling the punchline, Watson.  Didn't I teach you better than that?


Something Americans never expect is if you answer them when they ask, "How are you?"

Don't ask the question because whomever you are greeting knows you aren't interested or you would already know.  This isn't true between friends but as a basic greeting it always is.

The answer always has to be 'Fine' or be forever tagged as a perv who only talks about his surgeries and probably dreams of sex with giraffes.  Get this straight, Watson.

In corporate English, 'how are you' means if I had anything to say to you I would already have said it so let's keep this short, alright.  That would be great.


You know how it goes with those Yanks, tho, is they're cool when you know them individually, right, but, as a country, they act like complete pricks with all of them saying the it's the other guy's fault.  It's one of the most remarkable phenomena in the world but also (sob) the most ludicrous.

No comments: