Friday, April 22, 2016

Why Big Pharma Wants You to Stop Smoking the Ganja

There are zero pain medications in my life which are ever stronger than aspirin, even after surgery, albeit relatively low-level chopping lately.  There are compound bone fractures in multiple places in my body and various singletons added for fun and spice.  It hurts every time I move my arm and every time I take a step.  I deal and I also smoke ganja regularly.

The above does not make me unique and Big Pharma doesn't like it:  Big Pharma Not Happy: 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Drugs (YourNewsWire)

My own experience is anecdotal crap you can hear from any news program pushing an agenda.  The survey is not that large but, within it, the results are consistent.  Many booted prescription drugs and/or alcohol, etc.


In general, it's my experience as well since most stoners don't like alcohol and some may drink it but rarely all that much.  Many avoid it altogether.

As to pain meds, I suspect but do not know the same is true.  It's my experience people who get addicted to Vicodin usually also have a heavy alcohol dependence because they need the mind-killing aspect of both to get them into the desired void state.

Probably all types of SSRI (i.e. mood) prescriptions can be eliminated except for truly clinical situations (i.e. rare).  They tried all of them on me and all of them either agitated me so much I couldn't stand it or put a bucket over my head.  Absolutely intolerable.  Ganja has some similarities in ameliorating extremes but is not debilitating so, fine, sign me up.

No comments: