Thursday, April 28, 2016

Looks Like a Strike-Out

1:00 pm Cowboy Time didn't work so it looks like we're striking out today.

There's one piece of immediate grand information as the Mystery Lady remains in an unboxed state and that's always the fear in-between times.

Yah, yah, and tell me you don't imagine car crashes when your kids are late (larfs).

And, young 'uns, stop doing that shit.  You're scaring the bejeebers out of the parental units.


Herewith, a Mystery Lady story:

We loved gardening and puttered around in the garden constantly ... but ... we had never encountered a snake out there.  Regrettably (sob), it did not go too well.

(Ed:  for the snake?)

Yes, R.I.P., li'l snake (sob).


All grass was wiped out, front and back, and the backyard got kind of luxy with our ideas of a land sculpture.  We shaped it in an impossible way for the lay of the land but used some devious means to route water under it, etc, etc.

Over the top of it, we planted everything we possibly could and a delight every season came from three Sweet Bay Magnolias (shrubs which grew up about 15+ feet for us but have the potential to grow taller).  The gave the most wonderful scent and it was all over the backyard to make the finest kind of incense anyone could imagine.


My favorites were the day lilies and we found them in great variety, short ones, tall ones, all different colors.  They were planted in some profusion and arranged from short to tall so it was like a NASA rocket launch of colors when they came into bloom.


We worked out there often and one particular time we were about fifteen feet from each other when there was a cry of distress and then I saw what happened which elicited an immediate, "Oh no!"

The snake surprised her and that scared her because she never deals with snakes and how does she know one from another.  It's like me with spiders so she reacted quickly and then felt egregiously awful about it when she realized.

So much I hope I didn't give an asshole lecture on snakes are your friends and they eat stuff we don't want here anyway ... but I bet I did.


What do you know, I wasn't expecting it but I walked myself into an apology.  Mystery Lady, I'm sorry I was an asshole, if I was.  Right now I bet that ol' snake is up there in Snake Heaven and he thinks, well, this isn't so bad.  I've got my seventy-two virgins and ...

(Ed:  what else?)

Dude, what else do you need!

(Ed:  vitamins)

Good point.

No comments: