Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bank of America - Yet More Incompetence

Any time I have tried to login into online banking for Bank of America, going back months, it has rejected my password and I have had to reset it to another.  This has happened so many times there isn't even a count of how many but it must be at least ten by now with the same behavior each time.  I will successfully change the password and login with it.  The next time I open the page, the password won't work anymore.  I even took to writing them on paper to ensure I was entering the same one as last time.  It makes no difference and the account is screwed again right now.

Bank of America and I don't see each other that much because there's very little money and no particular reason.  Therefore, I really don't know when this started but I do know this much:  they sure as hell have not fixed it.

It sucks to be so demanding since what should I expect from one of the leading profiteers in America:  competence?

As to any kind of user support, etc from the Bank of America page.  You know the answer already:  fuck you unless you're rich.  There is no user support.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have multiple accounts with BofA and have ever had to change a password or be locked out.
I rarely ever use these accounts as my primary banking is with a small regional bank.
I kept these accounts as at the time it was the easist way to transfer money to people out of state or to my kids in school.
If I did have an issue I could get it fixed via local branch. But since you account is online only that wont be available.
I actually left BofA one because I decided they were too big. And to the fact that if I transferred money to you I could usually given your account during the process. That kind of lackidasical security worried me

Anonymous said...

PS if you hate big banks why do business with them

Unknown said...

I do hate big banks but Social Security requires one.

Unknown said...

Not sure what to do about it as getting Social Security to do anything is one infernal travesty and I still haven't even be able to kill Medicare which is absolutely stinking useless (i.e. if you can't make the copays, it's just meaningless paper).

The other choice is to pull it out until the ATM stops working so I know I got it all. It's not much but I still don't want to carry it as money seems to go faster that way. Getting another bank into it sucks so ... pfft. I put up with it for now in the absence of a better answer.

Anonymous said...

Social Security will deposit into any bank of your choice. It is a simple operation. Accessing SSA is fairly simple, setting up your account via online takes only a few minutes. But obiviously you would rather complain than fix the issue.
Social Security requires a bank. They just need a routing number and a account number.
If you stay at the BIG it is by your choice.
The better answer is too move to a regional bank and most of thise bank have a free account with a direct deposit attached to the account

Unknown said...

Thanks for the obvious.

Anonymous said...

Nevermind keep complaing it is more fun for you

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.