Sunday, April 16, 2017

"Heart of Arizona" (1938) | Hopalong Cassidy and Natalie Moorhead

Hopalong Cassidy was a hero to kids up to the early Sixties and I didn't realize until now the kids couldn't meet Hoppy since the films were shot over twenty years before we saw them.

I didn't watch that much of it but it was cool to see it exists and it's so Western-y that it's total Americana.  The fake gunfights are a riot and so classic for the old Westerns.



Belle Starr has returned from time in prison only to face a hail of bullets, along with rescue by Hoppy and the Bar 20 gang.

Director: Lesley Selander
Writers: Clarence E. Mulford (original story), Norman Houston (screen play) |
Stars: William Boyd, George 'Gabby' Hayes, Russell Hayden

- YouTube

You notice they don't credit Belle Starr and I found she was played by Natalie Moorhead.  Check out what I found when I looked for her.



Do you think you might ask this cowgirl to go cattle rustling with you, Tex?


While my experience with cattle rustlers is not extensive, I'm sure I would like to expand it with this one.



So, uh, how do you like Belle Starr so far.  Don't get too excited, Tex, since these pics must have been shot in the mid-Thirties.  Good for them but (sob) not too good for you.

No comments: