Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Mystery Lady in the Midwest

Today was the halfway point for The Situation and you would have to experience this to appreciate the size of the victory but, well, we hope you never know The Situation in your own life.

The day was not such a good one for Yevette and I don't say any more than that because horrifying anyone is not my purpose and certainly not hers.  She's not just a patient, she's a human, and she doesn't need to see things she already knows.  Describing what she's feeling is just about as insensitive as I could get anyway.

Mystery Lady knows all about sensitivity after years of being a caregiver for geriatric patients.  I wrote something yesterday about caregivers and I must have written it badly since it wasn't received the way I intended.  Being a caregiver requires the best stuff you can bring.  For starting out yesterday, Yevette was feeling so awful and was having such a tough time that she didn't think she could make the appt.  I could hear the misery and was practically in tears in trying to get her up to go but she mustn't hear anything like that from me.

Mystery Lady knows better than anyone that people in this situation don't want pity but they could use some real help and she knows all the good moves.  I've learned a few moves as well during The Situation and it's been surprising me how that has been working.  It turns out I'm fairly good with this Quartermaster position since if she needs it then it'll fuckin' be here.  The irony is I'm not that good and I know I'm not that good but The Situation brings out your best even when you don't know it's in you.


While the day was a quickly-forgettable horror, it did mitigate somewhat as the day went along and Yevette had just risen to the point at which she thought she might like to stay awake for a while ... and that's when Mystery Lady called.

Mystery Lady, there's never any reason to be even faintly apologetic about calling nor about any prayers.  Any thought of atheism is long gone since I found it wasn't a good fit.  Agnosticism doesn't mean anything so what's left which does fit and that led to the current situation in which I'm not a Christian but I do believe a Force Greater than Ourselves started all this.

The subject comes up more now in my life than it had previously which is kind of unusual but you haven't seen any bashing of anyone showing real religion as opposed to the RITOs (pronounce right-ohs) are Religious in Tweet Only and those get busted all the time.  None of the regulars is one of those and you know that type as well.  We don't need them and we don't need to focus on them since I have no doubt of the sincerity of the beliefs of the regulars.  RITOs can Tweet themselves into oblivion for all the difference it makes to that.

Mystery Lady, please don't underestimate your importance to this since it's possible the emotional support is the biggest part of it.  We can't do anything with the medical aspect but we can provide some boost as she tries to get through it and you're integral to that as you have been.  Make no mistake about being one of the Main Players in this.  Life won't let you take an on-stage role but you're more like the Good Witch of the West with a kindly and loving presence and Dorothy never would have got back to Kansas without her.

Ed:  the Good Witch had an on-stage role!

Different movie, mate.  Same Good Witch, tho.


Ed:  she is Mystery Lady?

Yep.  She has been the Good Witch all along.


The above may leave the impression of some type of Groundhog Day effect in being a cycle each day of awfulness in the morning which mitigates somewhat during the day and repeats the next.  That only sounds like Groundhog Day since we know specifically that day won't be repeated.  There may be another one just like it tomorrow but there's a limited number of them and half are gone now.

The way this started was hearing, "Chemo / Radiation start in two weeks.  Be there."

That was five weeks ago since Yevette is now three weeks into a six week program.  You can probably imagine the Earth-turning hugeness of those five weeks but it's true now there's less of it ahead than behind.  Three more weeks to 'graduation' and do believe they celebrate at The Center when that day comes.  I don't know what celebration comes here but we will think more about that later.  Right now everything is about getting it done and thank you, Mystery Lady, your support is much more important than you know.

In fact, something you may not know is there are only two other Inner Cyrkle members who know the full situation.  You are one, Tactical is one, and I'm the other.  It's not just words when I write you're important to this.


Some of you may have inferred the type of cancer in action here and have deduced why I'm so closed about it.  Perhaps it will be seen that we can provide some benefit to others with signposts you need to observe, etc but the teaching aspect of this is far secondary to the primary of getting well.  If any teaching aspect comes out of this, it will only be later and with Yevette's specific approval.

All together now with Gloria Gaynor because ...

because ...

Yevette WILL Survive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you know that I know what I know because Yvette trusts me. And I will always have her best interests in mind and I will never say anything in your blog that would put her personal information ("her business") out there. I feel so very fortunate that I was able to speak to her and my heart was sayin --just call now. Just like the Good Witch you knew Ive always been :)

Unknown said...

Oh yes, the Good Witch read the time perfectly. It's so clear as to your intentions as there's narcissism flying about everywhere and it makes those who are not that way stand out like beacons. You are definitely a beacon. Light and love; everything else is secondary.