Friday, November 13, 2015

Likely Not Melanoma

This thing on my arm was presented some days ago and, sure, it's shock theater but take a look and discover whether it would scare you.  (Blog:  Veterans Day at the Rockhouse)

There has been zero advice on what it may be as the reaction was, hmmm, let's get a biopsy.


Today was the first informed advice about what I should do about it and we will skip to the punchline first:  the doctor said it is likely not melanoma but get a biopsy to be sure.  This is more concrete information than I've had since this started quite some time ago (i.e. it must be a couple of months by now).

Repeating, this is not the fault of the Veterans Administration but rather lack of resources.  There's no point in arguing that matter as I'm living it.


My friend saw the pic and requested information from a retired friend who was previously a military doctor.  I did not know he was doing this as he made the move out of the goodness in his heart and he shows clearly to me, radiantly, he has a lot of it.

The advice from the doctor came back from that and was, in turn, passed back to me.

My deepest thanks to my friend.  This has been a source of high anxiety throughout and this does help mitigate it.  Nothing will eliminate it until it is sure but this helps enormously.


This is hugely encouraging to me as I said to Yevette, "See, there are still good 'uns in the world."

She sometimes has difficulty believing it as well and that brought a smile.


I met Yevette online maybe fifteen years ago and there was no romantic connection as she was interested in a program I wrote for creating guestbooks (i.e. early form of blog) on Web pages.  I gave it away but she had some questions so we got those settled and she went off to be geeky with it.  She is much more fascinated by computer geekery than she may seem.

The gift made me something of a minor deity at the time but, lo these many years later, she knows I'm not any kind of a deity and I would be living in a bus station if she had not invited me to stay here.


Some things do come back around in the most extraordinary and surprising ways.


Note: I never review medical pages online because I've seen too many times in which such information makes the situation worse either through bad advice or creating panic because whatever malady seems much worse than it really may be.   So, I never look at them.  I am not a doctor so there is no way for me to discern truth in such things.

No comments: