Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Case of the Collapsed Midwest Communicator

Cadillac Man, I'm sorry about breaking the headphones as that move was idiotic.  They're Logitech headphones w/mike for about $24 on Amazon and they last not quite forever.

It turns out these ones may not be terminal since I found I could wiggle the parts back together and only need to find some type of clamp to secure the bits to get the headset working again.  I didn't notice any broken or bared wires.

It would be cool if I could find one of the laundry pegs for hanging clothes on a clothes line ... and with a playing card in it to be completely Mad Hatter.

Ed:  the Mad Hatter's hat had its price, not a playing card.  Get it right.

Erm, yes.  What do you suppose my price should be?

(crickets)


I will get my money's worth out of the Logitech headset and I've already had it for years.  The headset below is from Sennheiser and I bet this one goes back ten years, easy.  Apart from that film around the cups, they're indestructible.


Ed:  them are nasty!

Them are zero expense.  Case closed.

I've not been afflicted by any case of Mongolian Ear Fungus so I do not suspect the headphones of carrying any malevolent microbes; they're just not precisely providing any aesthetic redemption although they're kind of poetic for me since they have been used so much.


It would be cooler and not cooler to use the Sennheiser headset for Skype since it's significantly heavier and feels more clampish on the head.  I find that can be wearing for long use.  However, the audio quality would be higher since the headphone speakers are much better and the audio would come over a stage mike.  Doing that looks too, too downtown.

Note:  if you're looking for a high-quality headset of this nature, consider also Audio Technica which has a pair which rate highly.


Meanwhile, there's nothing to report on the medical front since Yevette has been crashed for twelve or thirteen hours now.  Headphones are therefore the rule of the day.  This is the calm so she should take every minute of it.

No comments: