Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Complicated Situation in the Midwest

Shamelessly using Yevette and The Situation as a screen for whatever happens with me doesn't fool Mystery Lady for a second.

Appetite:  Yevette's appetite is better than mine but gets inconsistent due to nausea which is variable.

Walking speed:  Yevette is faster than I.

Prospects:  Yevette's prospects are better than mine since the chances are good to excellent she will recover from this.  Don't read that as minimizing what comes for her since we know but won't detail.

Cancer:  skin cancer doesn't go away; it just moves.  It's got so much area in which to play (larfs).

Lungs:  low function but probably not cancer.

Outlook:  toward the world, not much.  I just wish they'd push the button to kill us all so we don't have to listen to their stupid speeches and I'm tired of their bullshit.  Outlook for the Sanctuary is good since The Situation makes me a better person but how many see that other than the regulars really doesn't matter to me.  A great many I regard as so selfish I don't even consider them sentient (i.e. rampaging narcissism, etc).

Ed:  Ithaka is narcissistic as hell!

That's not a serious shot when most of the articles are not about me.  Talking about myself and popping selfies to show me hanging with the Buddha aren't high priorities.


Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tourists at the Lord Murugan statue at Batu Caves

Photograph: Daniel Chan/AP

You can see from the MAP tab on the top of the blog I've been around but there are very few selfies or pictures of me of any kind from any of it.  I wouldn't have grokked selfies any better then than I do now since it seems to me taking the picture already shows wherever I am and there are many pictures of that nature.



As to how Yevette is doing, I went past the TV a little while back and saw two women talking.  I listened for a minute and said, "She's going to say she's the mother."

That was a win and I said, "How damn, I should have been a fuckin' scriptwriter."

I finished my business and came back through to see the Poison Ivy look so I had to say, "That's her; that's the Poison Ivy."

Yevette wasn't convinced but I came back through later since I was curious.  Yep, she was the Poison Ivy.  The show was "Perry Mason."

I definitely need that "Final Draft" screenplay software for a nominal $250.

Watson:  no, you don't

Nah, I don't but it would be excellent screwing around with it.

Note:  "Poison Ivy" was a teen jerk-off movie about a girl who beguiles a household and then kills everyone in it, something like that.  Mostly it's about getting her naked in any way possible.

In other words, this article looks like my focus is lost but that's not true since I need to look in on Yevette but not so much she's bugged by it and feels like I'm fluttering.

The distance to any other world seems like light years.


Going backwards through the list, there's less suspicion lately there's cancer in my lungs but heavy congestion is continuous.  Ms Kersa said the last time I don't look sick enough for cancer but, wtf, it wasn't me saying I have it (larfs).  It looks like refusing the biopsy was a good move.

My feets are busted bad and the left only works on the outside since it's bent like they total a car when the frame is bent.  I'm ok for some distance with a shopping cart for stabilization / support but otherwise I'm hobbling.  I know I should just deal with it and get a walking stick ... no, it doesn't have to be a cool one like Gandalf.

Ed:  yes, it does

Yep, I know (larfs).  I've seen some 'designer' Gandalf sticks for hipster prices ... but, cripes, it's a fucking stick; how designer can that possibly be.

The dizziness is the most unusual / disturbing aspect since it doesn't typically show when I'm sitting but there can be substantial vertigo when I'm walking.  There has yet to be an explanation for that and a walking stick should help there as well.

Had to take another look and found a Chestnut Knob Walking Staff for $58.  It's 50" and I'm 69" at best now.  The wood is real and it doesn't look bulky / heavy.


That just might do it.  Getting one will keep for the moment but I saved the link.

Ed:  it can also serve as a shillelagh 

I prefer to think of it as the Mobile Whacker.  There's a big heavy torch here which is the Home Whacker.  The bad guy will still take me down but at least I get to Whack him first.


In combination, the last two explain the first one since there would likely be immediate improvement to appetite with any change in the others.

Shoes are not the answer since wearing them had been so painful for so long I haven't worn them ever since I left work.  The bonecracker in Cincinnati turned quack since I had last seen him so that's why that situation didn't change.  Unless it may to kill you, VA probably doesn't have time to screw with it so there's minimal prospect of a surgical fix.

The situation isn't entirely terrible since a Wendy's single cheeseburger fantasy had been floating about for a while and I suggested that to Yevette because I knew one was somewhere nearby.  She didn't have trouble with hers but I barely ate half of mine.

Note:  that might have had a different outcome if we had not got them as carry-out.  The only food which survives that well is pizza.


Those cheeseburgers are ordinarily about the worst things you can eat but there are times when that excess is supplying what the body needs so I don't have any particular problem with boosting some fatty stuff at Yevette.

For me, I just wanted that Wendyburger taste since it's the Poor Man's Johnny Rocket which all true connoisseurs agree is the best franchise burger while Kincaid's on Camp Bowie in Fort Worth makes the best independent burger.

Ed:  such a foodie!

Foodies are wannabe connoisseurs / gourmets who can't handle a polysyllabic vocabulary.  Throw 'em a fish and move along, move along; nothing to see here when they pretentiously try to be unpretentious.

The view out the window is there are few gourmets in America but shitloads of gourmands.  It cracked me up one time at Taco Bell when some megabody ordered everything on the menu and then ... a diet coke.  Fuckin' people.


It's odd that my diet was better than many it turns out even when it has seemed so abusive.  Good chance I would already be boxed otherwise.  I had remarked to Yevette this morning that I never saw my ol' Dad exercise but he was incredibly fit as a young man, college boxer, etc.  That served him all his life and one of the few things about the Army which wasn't either destructive to me or a waste of time in my life was running a mile in combat boots.  That will get the windpipes good and clear.

I swear this is true that I hear Drill Sergeant Harvey any time I'm standing and walking about:  straighten up, suck that gut in; pull those shoulders back.  That may seem illogical when I have slumped badly in videos but part of playing a guitar is Drill Sergeant Harvey would never do it so his rules don't apply.  Anywhere else, he's right there.  (I was not aware of the slumping in a video and it horrified me to see it.)

Ed:  I thought you hated him?

Nah, any hatred goes to the ones who sent him since they fucked him up bad; he was severely-damaged whereas other drill sergeants didn't have that mean streak.  However, that mean streak may have kept him alive in the combat.  Unknown.

He was a large part of why it was becoming clearer by the moment: these people are insane, all of them and not just the ones in the military.


A somewhat dumb luck move was insisting on normal rather than diet soda since sugar will rot your teeth and may make you fat but that's all it does whereas no-one really knows what those sweeteners do.

Well, they do know now and those sweeteners do major damage to later-life mental functions.

That paper also announced measurable reductions in episodic memory but no other particular consequence from normal sugar soda.  I didn't know the term and it means recalling the details of events in life but, frankly, my memory has always been shit for that while telephone numbers stuck in my head as with Super Glue.

Unknown if I would have better 'life memory' in the absence of sugar soda but I doubt it since likely all of us marvel at people who can recite every tiny detail of everything they ever did.  Short of that, I didn't see my episodic memory as particularly better or worse than with most others at any stage and I still don't.

Note:  I have a citation for that research but didn't think there would be an opportunity to throw it out here.  I can find it again if anyone wants to see it.  The immediate summary of the research was that artificial sweeteners are seriously bad news.

No comments: