Thursday, October 20, 2016

"Captain Fantastic" Sounds Highly Incorrect Politically

"Captain Fantastic" seems guaranteed to annoy at least one segment of the audience.  It features Viggo Mortensen as Captain Fantastic and he's raised his multiple children alone.  This was out in the woods where the family had lived but his wife died.  While living wild, the children were home-schooled exceptionally well and we still haven't got to the annoying part but this will do it.  The family doesn't celebrate Christmas and it's dismissed as 'sci fi mumbo jumbo.'

Well, some number in the audience will already be walking out on that one but it gets better.  Instead of celebrating Christmas, they celebrate Noam Chomsky Day and give each other gifts and whatnot.  That should do it for any who were wavering on walking out when they heard his first views on Christmas.


The liberals or at least the ones who play liberals on Facebook may be thinking after that, well, this is novel but others are thinking, man, I'm going to Michael Moore this bitch.  How dare he speak that way about the church.

It seems like movie suicide when right off you will flog some subset of the audience so I admire the ballsy attitude but I wonder how that will serve them.


Cat advises the movie is beautiful and with a tearjerker ending but a pretty one.  I'm thieving the movie just now because, see, I wasn't brought up a Christian so I was never taught I should not steal movies online.

Whether I actually watch the movie is undetermined as I got a fairly good walkthrough with it so I get the whole flow.  It's a charming story, albeit loaded with the message that a non-traditional upbringing may well serve kids better or even much better than traditional rearing.  Here at the Rockhouse, we don't believe it was necessary to add to that removal of Christmas.

Likely no need for discussion about Jesus was the good guy and God did the shitty stuff, always had.  Maybe Jesus would have gone on to do shitty stuff but they killed him first so he never did.  I don't see the problem with celebrating his birthday ... and ... Noam Chomsky Day.


For me, it's the other way around as I do believe God, in whatever mad format you like, started all of this because, well, he was the one with the Bic lighter.  Everything else sprang from that so he really doesn't have to do anything but that's yours to say.  I'm happy that Jesus was an unbelievably beautiful human and it's a bitch they killed him but he's more excellent than divine.  When God started the Universe, well, what's more divine than that.

Die Kaninchen know I'm not trying to convert anyone.  This is only to advise I'm not going to combat what anyone believes.

The God with a Bic Lighter Theory of Theology is largely based on Stephen Hawking saying, 'there is no God and physics settles it.'

That kind of pissed me off for the effrontery of positing understanding of every possible realm of existence to use for philosophical conclusions.  Then I figured, what good is a Universe when you have it all cranked to go but nothing to start it.  You've got a dud Universe, don't you.  That's when God shows up with the Bic lighter and, boom, it's live.

Anything after that is all yours so that's why no conflict with whatever you believe ... except the really crazy shit.  Sacrificing virgins ... whoa ... who got the idea the gods like that?

(Ed:  that's scientific like chucking firecrackers in the water because it looks cool when they blow up beneath the surface!)

Yah?  Find a hole in it (larfs).


Probably I will watch it because a good weeper movie which doesn't feature some chiquita dying has a leg up right from the top.  Plus it's a weeper movie which doesn't have an unhappy ending.  Well ...

No comments: