Monday, October 31, 2016

Thank You, Mystery Lady, for the Birthday Card

Mystery Lady, the card came in a festive yellow envelope but I did not open it yet because I will save it for the day tomorrow.  There's nothing like a bit of anticipation to make it even more special.

Since you probably didn't include a picture of a fantastically sexy beautiful Russian actress as I did with Doc's birthday greeting, here's one.  (Ithaka: Happy Sixty-Fifth to Doc)


Introducing Nastasya Samburskaya and she has got to be dangerous.  At least, I hope so (larfs).


For some it may appear unusual that Doc's birthday is today and mine is tomorrow so, for today, we are the same age.

Well, it is unusual since Doc was born on Halloween and I was born on All Saints Day so the influence of the supernatural was clearly strong but it didn't work so well for me.  The Dark Powers didn't care so much in my case because I was conceived in sin so I'm damned to Hell for all Eternity anyway (sob).

Ed:  you reveal family secrets!  How dare you?

I tell you what, Archibald of the Archives, when they made it known they wanted to be remembered as fucking each other for Eternity, I'm so seriously not worried about whether they're concerned about reputation.


The anticipation of Mystery Lady's card is sweet since she may have used her latest technique with adult coloring books.  Before you get dismissive, Mystery Lady can make art with crayons if it suits her to use them and sometimes it does.  She can also paint acrylics which become family heirlooms and that's even in families other than her own.  If she touches something then, by definition, it's art so I'm curious.

The adult coloring books require some type of special media since the pencils can deliver more nuance than regular pencils and that's exceptional when pencils can deliver quite a bit of nuance anyway.  She has gone with this for a while but she may switch to batik or back to painting since she does those switches on a regular basis and she uses whatever medium best delivers whatever she tries to say.

It was frustrating in earlier times since I would be feeling like the good supportive doobie with her work but then she would suddenly switch to some other medium.  I would be thinking, whoa, where did I screw it up.  After a while I realized I didn't screw it up as that's just how she does that thing she does.


One leg of the Autumn Supernatural Birthday Triad stepped out and I tip my Rockhouse hat while I silently say, "I wish you could have stayed in the game a little longer ... or, ideally, a lot longer."


For the general Rockhouse health, nothing got significantly worse although one aspect got more puzzling because the cause and effect which seemed clear isn't consistent.  It doesn't get any worse and sometimes even gets better so that's the cause and effect part which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Ed:  expecting things to make sense doesn't last long into adulthood!

Quite so (larfs).


I got myself an early birthday present a couple months ago for fifteen bucks to get the Touchie Feelie LED Lamp.  Touch to turn on or off or slide lovingly down the length of it to dim the light.  Sometimes I screw with it just because I can.  Were things ever so supposed to get so absurdly easy?

Ed:  I won't remind you again about expecting things to make sense.

Thanks because, well, you know I probably wouldn't have heeded it anyway (larfs).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the other envelope makes it there! It would be especially sweet if it actually arrived on your birthday, tho. I mailed two envelopes on the same day--the other is larger (8 by 10)--so it's a mystery why it did not arrive on the same day.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Sorry could not call- to wish you an early Happy Birthday and have a "Burn Up The Damn Minutes Birthday Party"--too, but I had a little crisis here -a couple of them, so it just didnt work out.

Unknown said...

See, there you go looking to things to make sense and be logical!

Thank you for doing anything as it was instantly touching to see the card in the morning and I never would have thought to look out for another but I definitely will.

I'm sorry to hear of any crises but hopefully they are resolved now.