Saturday, October 22, 2016

Some Bizarre Science is Cued for Later

This isn't even saying the check's in the mail as really it's just saying the check will be in the mail.  If I would write teasers then I might as well write the articles but I'm not trusting the juice to go that far.

Much better to try the vibe with Captain Fantastic for a while and live the hippie dream.  Some suckage has already fallen into that dream but I know it comes out alright.  I don't know when the movie was released and I'm assuming not long ago but Viggo Mortensen doesn't seem to age much so it's tough to tell with him.  In any case, my blather about the movie will probably ruin it for you if your preference is to watch it first to draw your own conclusions so be forewarned about that.  From what I've seen in twenty minutes, I love it.  The movie is carrying five stars with no difficulty at all thus far.

Best lines so far and these likely won't kill watching it yourself:

Eldest Son:  I'm not a Trotskyite anymore.  I'm a Maoist.

Captain Fantastic:  hmmm

(No other comment.  Scene ends.)


Side-note:  here's a co-Tweet which Yevette wants to send.  She had a question of something she wanted to say and I helped word it.

JFK would have eschewed Obama's pursuit of Manifest Destiny as justified by exceptionalism and said, "Imperialism is the enemy of freedom."

Note:  he said that in 1957

And off to the Bitstream it goes.


The science in the articles I've found is kind of thorny so I'm not sure what I will do with them.  Die Kaninchen know I won't try to distort any science but I do like to consider where it may lead so it seems do Ithaka readers.  However, if I can't see where it goes then we're scientifically snow-blind and might as well be making conspiracy videos on YouTube.

Yes, Yevette, that one was for you.  Hardy har.  (She won't be surprised as I hoot at them a lot.  I don't like to watch them but she's looking for the one in a million which is true.)

No comments: