Monday, October 24, 2016

Solving the Laughing Gecko Problem

Most assuredly Laughing Gecko did not know he has a problem and he doesn't but I made the Laughing Gecko problem when I sent out invitations way back to he and Lotho and maybe others to be Admins for Ithaka.  Laughing Gecko was the only one who accepted and that didn't much go anywhere but it did mean his comments would not be moderated ... and consequently it was unlikely I would ever see them.

That's exactly what did happen so now I've removed that Admin authority which wasn't used anyway.  The only change is in making a comment now it will seem it doesn't go anywhere but that's how it works for everyone else and they become visible when I see them and release them.

See, solving a problem Laughing Gecko didn't even know he had ... that's systems programming.

(Ed:  you created the fucking problem!)

Ask any end user and they will cheerfully tell you systems programmers create all the fucking problems.  And, yep, I did create this one.

But now it's fixed.  Yahoo.


In solving another problem, I believe I'll take another shot with the Buspirone because there seemed benefit for it previously but I'm afraid of it after I got sick as a rat from it on Saturday.  It's not conclusive as to whether it was the Buspirone or I got a slice of Snakebite Pizza and there's no way to know since Yevette had some as well but it was a different kind.  That was why there were just two slices.  She liked hers and that was the only win of that day.

The driver is reducing the ganja which is definitely identified as the culprit behind significantly increased coughing and other evil results.  After a lifetime of Marlboro cigarettes, there's no definitive culprit overall but ganja is definitely the instigator now.  Therefore, anything which ameliorates the situation without putting a bucket over my head (e.g. SSRI drugs) is of interest.


The Buspirone is now in motion.  I'll know if it starts going bad since my body will suddenly overheat for no apparent reason.  You know how that goes when you work too long out in the Sun.  That happens and there's only one answer of lie down right now as I won't be able to walk shortly after that.  Those symptoms have come up twice and the Buspirone has a shady association with them but shady is never conclusive so once again to ride that train.

Smoking the ganja is only a problem if it's contested since it's harmless otherwise.  Whether you believe it's not necessary isn't required but I would still like it nevertheless.  For me it's like reigning in stampeding horses and whether that's possible with others isn't relevant since that hasn't ever been possible in my own experience.

It goes two ways as either I get sick again and go radio silent which won't mean anything more than the last time in which I was pissed off waiting for it to go away ... it's either that or nothing happens at all.  We shall see.

No comments: