Saturday, October 22, 2016

"A River of Snowflakes" - Silas and Not Even Distortion

Hopefully it's kind of hypnotic as snowflakes ping into water.  Direct link on the Ride the Dragon podcast is "River of Snowflakes" (on My Duck Soup).

That's enough pluggery buggery and the track was from earlier today during a bit of resounding vim and vigor.  Building strength is a bitch ... weep weep weep ... so the bit went almost nine minutes without gasping for the Red Cross.  Out of that the track has three minutes and ends abruptly but (cough) this ain't downtown (larfs).

On listening again, I thought it sounded kind of pretty and a bit hypnotic maybe.  The chords are simple and are more an easy motif than a progression but that bottom gives tremendous freedom to screw around while calling it Impressionism.

(Ed:  Impression of fucking what?)

Well, I do see the flaw to the thinking.


How about the impression

I'm an all-day / all-night sock-wearin' man
because my feets get cold so I do what I can

or

I don't know what's that movin'
somewhere in my jams
but I do feel it movin'
and I know it ain't me

or

I see that Hot Mama and it starts getting deep
But when it gets wild, I just fall asleep

or

(Ed:  stop, stop, stop!  I beg of you!)


Listening one more time to see if the mistakes bug me so much I want to break my fingers and fry them to make potato chips for Toby the Dog.


Yah, lots of mistakes but I can hack it for the sake of standing up and pushing it.  I play because I fuckin' can.  Paul Delph is ever the inspiration to stand up.  It's cool that Yevette knows who I mean now.  Lotho met him many times during some wild times in the Klemmer Mansion.  There's not much of that I quote for the nostalgia tour because it was so twisted it defied imagination.  It was grand and manic at the same time.  That was an elongated period of total derangement.  A lot of it was huge fun but it was still completely insane.

So now a river of snowflakes (larfs).

No comments: