Monday, October 24, 2016

All Will Sing Kumbaya After the Election

Someone said the post-election period is when people re-establish friend links on Facebook and ... well, that was when I stopped reading.

Fuck re-establishing friend links as they were sub-standard 'droids who look like humans but don't act like them or I would not have dropped the links to them in the first place.

The emphasis from this election is on those who don't cut and run and are not binary thinkers insofar as anything is either this or that.  Lotho was justifiably pissed early in the game at being lumped with Republicans as it's more accurate, as with any of Die Kaninchen, to go with Undecided, Independent, etc which leaves freedom to consider multiple perspectives on multiple things.  That sort of thinking is likely frustratingly obvious in its rarity to you as well.

Without getting too defensive, Republicans were generally cast as one parcel for many years but that's fragmented now so my characterization had fallen behind the reality.


Unknown how many trek to Ithaka to watch the death trip and that's not a problem as it's been my purpose to be a living example proving the things they say about what they do for the VA amount to nothing but a crock of steaming lying shit.  Regulars have seen references to coughing up blood.  I still don't have an appointment and it's not getting any better.  This is not due to VA incompetence but lack of financial support from the healthy motherfuckers with their independent health system in Washington.  Die, you pagan bastards.


Moving right along, the purpose is to live the situation as well as possible while observing whatever comes along and I have zero time whatsoever for fucking people who throw sand in my gears when it's hard enough to keep them turning anyway.  In general, my body isn't so happy but mostly I am ... so long as the gears keep turning.

There are dunes of sand in the social networks and that's why the rigorous discipline in using Facebook.  Twitter doesn't matter since it's largely anonymous interaction but there's more knowledge of people on Facebook.  Some are as sick as I and there's nothing much to say when we already know we're fucked.  I strongly believe the social network can easily suck whatever life is left in you out when you need that energy to keep fighting, stand up and play, do what you do.  Hence the discipline.

More likely I'll run into someone getting defensive about being fat or some such and that just gets me wretching my guts up.  Get the fuck over it and lose some weight or you'll die, fat body.  Comprende?

(Ed:  yet you smoke!)

Right and you've seen the deal.  I fix it or I'm boxed.  It's the same deal anyone gets so it grinds my gears when I hear people dodging it.

No time for that.



There was immense happiness in seeing "Captain Fantastic" as he's the Hippie Ideal, the Impossibly Perfect Dream Persona.  (Ithaka:  Captain Fantastic Lives the Dream of Every Hippie)

The point is not reliving anything since he's right now and the vibe he represents is beyond time anyway when they're eternal truths or they were hogwash or marginal to start.  Besides, covering Guns 'n Roses isn't exactly current but it sure isn't sixties and they completely nailed that song.  It's really the only time I ever liked it.

That song is where the Kumbaya really does exist and there was an overt pounding of Christianity which I wrote previously was disagreeable to me since my preference was not the same but in one context, I do agree.  My observation is true believers usually quote Jesus but others usually quote Leviticus ... and not very well since they're not Jewish.  I would gladly celebrate Jesus' life in that way so that disagreement with the movie exists.

Where you may disagree ... but will probably still laugh is when his youngest daughter says so casually, "Stick it to the man."

Ga-ron-teed you will love this kid.


There was a scene I couldn't handle living when he was standing in the door of his bus, naked as he arrived, and says to some shocked campground residents, "It's a penis.  Every man's got one."

I don't have the stones for that one but my ol' Dad did.  I remember him at an Olympic-size pool in, I think, the university.  My ol' Dad had showered with some other profs and he was talking to some other prof as they strutted along.  I thought, "Holy shit!  He's got the biggest dick in Australia, maybe the whole world."

The other prof was walking proud too and both of had the look, We Are Smart and We Have Big Dicks.  I was a little kid and suitably impressed but in no way would that ever happen with me.  They must be biological mutations.

(Ed:  at least you got smart)

Yes, there is that.


Captain Fantastic was more fantastic than my ol' Dad, tho, although comparative dick measurement is not part of that.  One of the huge lines which may strike home with sibs was, "You think everything we need to learn comes from books but it's nothing!" (screamed)

The kid overreacts since we do need the books but they aren't everything.  That's one of the variables with Die Kaninchen as some see them as valuable tools to be used as necessary while I regard them as nearly sacred objects of possibly infinite wisdom.  It goes to the value or not of university and all these things have come up here previously.


Must watch this one again and some of the dialog I will likely still miss but feeling it again would be grand.  In the end he does have to conform, to some extent, but as little as possible.  Given the exigencies of the current social order, that's necessary but that's something we will fix in the Rock City.  Maybe the propaganda down there goes, 'Conformity indicates degraded thinking.  Be on the alert for it.'  I've got to get past the mechanics to get to the twisted sociology part.

There is some more recent science which may relate to the heat management problem of the Rock City so that needs a bit of review and then see if it floats.


So, yah, Kumbaya, my brothers and sisters.

No comments: