Saturday, October 22, 2016

Gaming the Blog Has Got to Be NSA, Right?

The only interest in gaming is where the numbers go since jacking What's Hot distorts the perception of the things you need and that seriously frosts my chicken.  I can't eat a frosted chicken so then we have a problem.

Unknown why it should happen but there are blasts of enormous numbers of reads of Ithaka sometimes, usually at night.  So long as they're non-specific reads, I don't care since that will jack up the overall numbers but won't distort What's Hot.

Non-specific reads are when someone links to http:searchingforithaka.blogspot.com and not to a specific article.  The non-specific way is what I recommend, at least some of the time, since you will see more articles, all of which I think should have made the cut to What's Hot or I would not have written them.  The results come from you and not me so that's why I'm interested and why screwing with them gives me a frosted chicken.


There's some OCD for why run up read counts when there seems no apparent reason for it and the OCD is triggered by the pointlessness of it.  This goes just the same as when you break a tooth and you keep screwing with it with your tongue.  When it's a healthy tooth doing regular tooth things then we don't give much of a thought to it except to try to lick the spinach from between the teeth once in a while.  When we bust that tooth, we've just got to screw it and we know it won't do anything to fix it but we've just got to understand why, why, why are you being so pointless.

Pointlessness becomes an obsession but it's one of the most nihilistic obsessions when there's nothing in it to understand or it wouldn't be pointless.

Fark.  The mind boggles ... and then explodes in a mountain of sewage beside a Clinton tour bus.

How's that for pointless.


I didn't realize how much What's Hot, despite the dumb name, has become integral until I saw how frosted I got when the numbers went screwy.  This ain't right ... this just ain't fuckin' right.  I was pissed and maybe the more so since there's nothing to do about it when even investigating it is a waste of time.  This just ain't fuckin' right (larfs).

Something also probably more obvious than I realize is Ed: looks like it's short for Editor but really it's code for Lotho a lot of the time.  He can call bullshit on anything I say and it's in a benign way so it parlays toward some play.  I don't use his name directly since he didn't say any of it but I think he easily might.  I do think about that in writing them as I consider whether he might really say it.  That way he can flog the bejeebers out of me but he does it with a laugh and for me that makes a good gig.


Unrelated but there was some more stand-up playing with the Galaxy Guitar and it wasn't even using distortion.  I don't see a point in running away from echoes in this stage of the game and I've always loved using them so this used some pretty chords for an echo rhythm back with lead on top.  All if it was wtf stuff to hear what it would sound like.

The result was too rough for an upload but it did make almost nine minutes of guitar which sounded surprisingly ... mellifluous.  I love that word.  I haven't played buzzed in some while so I will review again to see what I make of it but I'm buzzed now so that's kind of bullshit.  I'm probably more critical of it buzzed than not so we shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lotho had no clue that Ed was code

Unknown said...

I've kind of busted myself by saying that since I can't use him for something I'm sure you would not say so now Ed: is typecast and I need more commentators into the bargain. Ed: has been so inconsistent it was hard to get that vibe from him but he seems to home in on that these days.