Wednesday, November 4, 2015

What's Hot on the Blog - Weekly Version

EntryPageviews
67
Nov 1, 2015, 4 comments
56
51
48
41
Nov 1, 2015
38
Oct 30, 2015
37
36
36
32

Y'all have been making some interesting choices.

Note:  I have to say y'all a lot because I am an almost-Texan.

Die Anstalt - I wondered how this would go when the English is in subtitles but y'all rose to it.  Two German comedians, in the highest sense of the word, deliver an incisive and insightful analysis of the history of the Middle East ... and it's highly funny (i.e. sehr lustig).

Selling Your Body - hookin' for Harvard and where this trend may lead.  Tip:  it involves an inflatable bouncy house.

Clement Attlee - profound contrast between Britain's war PM, Winston Churchill, and the peace PM, Clement Attlee.  Regardless of political persuasion, there are global insights to be gleaned from what he did.

Conviction of Doctor - California doctor busted for murder and convicted after prescription of Oxycontin, etc to anyone who asked, typically after a consultation of five minutes or less.

Google Drive - Google is becoming like the General Motors of Software and we want to see a chicken in every pot but we have no interest in seeing a Google on every driveway.  Thankfully, they are working to ensure that never happens.

Fixing a Widget - one glorious picture of an astronaut doing a space walk outside the ISS

Orchids - one of my earliest videos and I'm glad to see you like it (circa 1995).  This is one of the things which came from a long convalescence after a major motorcycle crash.  It hurt but it ain't all bad.

On the Road with a Mouse and a Chicken - much more recent and my best song title ever.  It's also the only time I ever recorded a video while playing with lasers on me fingers.  It's much harder than it looks and I destroyed the gloves to be able to do it (circa 2009).


I'm diggin' it to see a couple of my songs in the list and I'll roll out more from time to time as there are ninety or so on YouTube.  "The End of the World in Fort Worth" got sidetracked a wee bit but it will get completed.  It must, man ... that's my Magnum Opus.

(Ed:  aren't you the Ravellian Beet, Ludwig van!)

Well, sure, those guys just may have composed vastly more complex stuff than mine ... but mine still ain't crap and that's fine with me for my Magnum Opus.  Ha!

No comments: