Thursday, October 24, 2013

OS X Mavericks - I Want It

OS X Mavericks is a free upgrade to the Mac OS and it specifically addresses iBooks, along with a great many other things.  As it stands, one cannot do much with an iBook on anything but the iPad.  You can edit the book under the Mac OS but you can't read it.  OS X Mavericks addresses that and I'm most interested to see the result as it should greatly speed development.  I split "What Would Dogs Do" into a separate book so now there are three books in varying stages of development so this OS change is of very high interest to me.

There many other features to OS X Mavericks but I won't have anything further about them until I can successfully download it.  The file is 5.89 GB so the WiFi may explode in trying to obtain it but the download is currently in-progress and hopefully I'll capture it today.

There's more to reading an iBook on a Mac laptop or desktop machine as it also means can buy them.  Previously the market was only to iPads and that's a cool environment but it cuts off the area where the long-term Mac loyalists are most likely to live.  Not anymore.  I've had a note on the one plug I've got up for my poetry book that it's iPad only.  It's very cool that is now changing and it will be interesting to see what comes.  (I still need to re-publish the book to take the videos out of it as the download is about two gigabytes.)

No comments: