Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Duckmobile


Ladies and Gentlemen, the Duckmobile

There is a story in an article I put out here a few days ago about my misspent youth ... and that of Lotho and Laughing Gecko, I might add.  Doc missed this particular spectacle as he married first and he straightened out fairly early.  I also might add he is still married to the same lady today.  Lotho also has been married to his lady for not so far off thirty years.  I ended up living like a maniac most of my life and what amuses me the most about that is I suspect all of my brothers and sisters would have predicted I would have been the straight one ... but that's another story.

Herewith, the Duckmobile.  The picture has been heavily Photoshopped and I very much liked playing with Photoshop but that was when Kai Power Tools were available.  These days it's become very dry and boring.



Lotho and I would roll around in the Duckmobile quite a bit and I loved it.  Often it would overheat, there was no reverse gear in the transmission, and sometimes it wouldn't start but the car was still a riot and it's one of the few of the cars I've owned that I really miss.  I'd drive it around today if we hadn't, well, killed it.



Since I seem to have hit early-history debacles lately, here are some more:


This is from when I figured it was one thing to crash a bike but I also figured there were extra points if I went riding again as soon as I could.  This one is my other bike, a Honda 500, and it's the only bike that neither I nor Lotho ever crashed.  It was hilarious riding it around corners as if you learned far enough then you would hook the stand and the rear wheel would jump up in the air.  Even so, neither of us ever crashed it.  That Honda 500 was a pig but it had one huge advantage: it didn't fall over.




Just in case you think I was the only one cracking up motorcycles, Doc had quite a spectacular one also but I won't tell it without permission from he and Lotho.  I have no interest in writing of the post-crash aftermath as that's family business and it's not my story to tell anyway.  The story of the crash itself was classic Fraser madness, tho.



Here's one from my biggest crash and please do note the importance of a good suntan so you look cool in surgery.  Doctors have chopped up that shoulder more times than I remember and the last time was only a few years ago.  Even after all that I still can't open a soda bottle with my left arm.  Don't ever bust your shoulder and expect it to work again.  The miracle part is that I can still play the guitar ... or at least what I like to call playing it.



Once again thank you to Doctor Suresh Nayak of Cincinnati for saving the arm as the bone was over thirty percent necrotised (i.e. dead) when he saw me and he scheduled surgery immediately.  He's a brilliant man and is a real human about it.  He never got lofty about anything.



And here's one to show I was born to ride.



Little fookin' towhead is riding the hell out of a rocking horse or some such.



One more to close it and this ones to show I didn't just crack up motorcycles.  My ol' Dad always said that after crash you shouldn't get back up as then the officials would stop the race and then you could get back into it.  I wasn't badly hurt and I followed what he said but I didn't think, damn, yer Mum can see this and she'll think you're dead.  I felt bad about that later but I didn't think of it at the time.  Dumb ass.


No comments: