Thursday, April 13, 2017

Some Actual Good News from the Midwest

There was the thinking Yevette's program runs for eight weeks but she confirmed yesterday it actually runs for six.  That doesn't sound too good so far but it means she's now just short of the halfway point and that ain't hay; that ain't even close to hay.

The Rockhouse doesn't want to flog the misery of the chemo / radiation combo since there's no news in that.  As someone so nauseatingly called a caregiver in this circumstance, I can tell you the situation is much more than the misery.

As a caregiver who does take it seriously, it's concerned me I've written too much about how tough Yevette is being about this since my worry is she would feel some sort of expectation.  That isn't the situation since she will let those tears flow if it seems necessary and my job isn't to describe that but rather just fuckin' be there.  That comes from a situation today.

It doesn't matter if this makes me look like a saint since you know already I ain't (larfs).

I don't mind at all that I feel swell in doing the stand-up thing.  I don't see any harm in that but there won't be any nomination in the Vatican any time soon.  "Stand By Me" is all very well in the movies and really isn't all that convincing but do believe this is.


There's a constant vibe of this can't really be happening but it seems that's part of it.  Rolling with the surrealism and incorporating it is part of how to deal with it.

Selfness has to go out the window for this run, mates.  I've got kind of a boost on that since I remember my ol' Mother saying in one of the last long conversations we had, "The thing I loved the most is he did everything I wanted."

Well, ok.  I can do that.

Ed:  you just try to make her love you

She already loves me, mate.  This just shows her she didn't fuck up with that thinking.  Tactical would much like to be her boyfriend and good luck to him.  That's not my interest since my only thinking is you get well, girl.

Ed:  because you're already crazy for the Galaxy Guitar?

Yep.  If Tactical suddenly develops a crush on the Galaxy Guitar, then we have a problem.  Yes, he can play but I have not heard him.

Ed:  what about Cat?

Love never changes, y'all know that, so what about Cat?

Ed:  noch deine Schmüseling?

Ja, immer

Ed:  do you speak German to her?

Nein.  Haha.


The corollary bitch to this twisted trip is why didn't I learn how to do this sooner and anyone is susceptible to that in this circumstance.  That's how I know there is no sainthood for me in it.  That's not a weeper but a motivation to do better.


Almost halfway and can I get a WHACKO from y'all (i.e. that's an Australian HELL YES).

WHACKO!


There's some concern I may make this look too easy without detailing the parts which suck so perhaps the schematic will do it.  The mornings are an unholy bitch which no human should ever have to face.  Through the day there's a slow amelioration and just now she kicks back to watch "77 Sunset Strip" because, well, she can.  That cycle repeats each day with breaks for the weekends which aren't a whole lot better but at least there's relative peace since there are no appointments to meet.

Bring every bit of sensitivity you can find from anywhere since you will need it.  The purpose isn't to tell you that's so difficult but rather to tell you it works.

No comments: