Friday, September 30, 2016

Unknown If I've Blown the Call

There's been no sound here and I haven't heard the phone.  Sometimes it sneaks past me but I don't think it did.  There's another possibility in twenty minutes so maybe that's when it happens.  Sorry if I did miss it already but there weren't any headphones in use so it would surprise me if I did.

At one time it was an easy thing to get the Telco out to add another jack for an additional land line but they don't even want to hear about land lines anymore.  A land line may work when others do not so it has value for emergencies if nothing else but that's philosophy and getting a Telco out here to add a line back where I can hear it easily is now a Big Deal.

Ah well, so I drop the use of headphones and listen carefully.


Headphones usually come into play for movies and I have one pending called "Blackhat" which is relatively-recent hacker movie.  After "Swordfish" there was no need to ever make another hacker movie but they did it anyway and I hear it's tight so I'm curious.

"Unstoppable" was the last surprise movie and I blabbed about it yesterday to not much interest but it was still an impressive thing to make a train movie exciting without getting high-tech crazy as in a train movie with Steven Seagal.  I do recommend this one as it may surprise you how much it draws you into it even when you have no interest in trains.  (Ithaka:  "Unstoppable" Is Most Incredible Train Movie)

Yes, this is about pushing the clock until we get to the top of the hour which, cleverly enough, now comes in just a couple of minutes.


Edward Snowden said regarding Oliver Stone's movie of his breakout that it was 'preposterous' so interest in that one dropped quite a bit whereas I would have been interested in seeing it for possible cinéma vérité but apparently it went Hollywood instead.  It's a shame as that one could have been the all-time hacker movie from de-pantsing the NSA but preposterous doesn't quite go the distance.


I'm listening one ringy dingy, two ringy dingy and that dates me because Lily Tomin is the only one who does one ringy dingy.  That's fine as it pushes me back to a cool date but it's ten after the hour so it looks like I busted out.


ML, I'm not sure what happened but I apologize if it was my mistake which blew it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope! not you missing a call. I was not able to make the call. Sorry. I checked my cell phone and there were no voice mails so I know you did not try to call me either. Hope we will have better luck later this month.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out but I'm relieved I didn't bork it. I didn't call because I didn't see it adding much with saying, yep, I was here (larfs). I do hope to talk soon as it was a great relief hearing of the different vibe if not actually hearing it in your voice. I'm really not clear on what's happening and no chance to get that way without talking so hopefully soon.