Thursday, September 15, 2016

And That's When It Started Getting Weird

Ithaka is looking determinedly for weird and the vibe feels good from here.  It's not that something need only be unusual since maybe only a quarter of the Science Daily papers have much draw for Ithaka.  Unless I have at least some understanding of the science, it's just spoofing to bring it here and that's not how it plays.

It doesn't play if weird is good then weirder is better since it seems like a good level of weird right here.  Besides, the 'self-powered, testicle-cooling underwear' probably shouldn't be topped anyway.  It may be one of my greatest Future Inventions too.

The response seems good to this direction with the articles and that's cool when I find I like doing it because there are always surprises with, holy cow, they discovered what?  The deal from my end is I won't quote science unless it's peer-reviewed and every link will be attributed if possible.


The best concentrated weird is in Europe since, by air miles, I've seen much more of the world than Cat but she has seen many more cultures because, relative to America, they're so close.  If you travel three thousand miles in America, people still speak English.  If you travel three hundred miles in Europe, you may well wind up in another country with a different language and a large cultural difference.

Coming to America from Australia wasn't such a huge hop except by the miles because we were still speaking English, albeit through the use of the (cough) colonial dialect ... but the kids were speaking a colonial dialect anyway since we sounded Australian.  Going to Australia came after Scotland where (gasp) they also spoke English (of sorts).  They had also lived in China (long before I was born) where, radically enough, they also spoke English.

Even though born a Scot, my ol' Mother always had a precise English accent and she sounded like Queen Elizabeth.  Scots have a distinct (i.e. incomprehensible) accent but she didn't show that at all.  My ol' Dad was born in London and always had an accent like an Oxford don.  Their families had been Scots for centuries so the weirdness is how they came to be speaking like Brits.  I don't have an answer, it's just weird.


Unknown if you have this affliction but I'm deeply envious of Cat's experiences in other countries or anyone's experience in that way.  She's been to Africa multiple times and all over Europe.  Murph the Surf was thinking of writing "Why Do People Fuck Themselves Up" but I don't know if he ever did it.  My book (deliberately never to be completed) is "What Are People in the First Place?"  There's no answer so that always keeps it interesting and then comes more, more, I must see more.


The music shifted weird but bland weird as the synth chords were sounding suitably magnificent with hugely fat sweeps with deep bass and I cut that into "The Sanctuary Song" for the loop which wants the Galaxy Guitar for live.  It was feeling funereal on playing the guitar and that vibe sucks as it's Sanctuary, you shouldn't have to croak to get there or what good is it.  To my thinking, a Sanctuary keeps me in a non-deceased circumstance or it ain't a Sanctuary.

The whole trip of it is all the fear out there and you're getting eaten by forces you can't even see but it's safe here, brothers and sisters.  You only have to leave that behind and cross the bridge.  Here at the Rockhouse we discern distinct functional differences between crossing a bridge and entering a deceased state.

(Ed:  but the rainbow bridge is a symbol of death!)

It's a fookin' Jimi Hendrix hippie bridge and no-one was ever more live than hippies so take your symbols back to Freshman English class and we will resume being freaks.

Therefore, funereal sucked and I bagged it for today.  No need to go further with why as the vibe will go with whatever I bring so why would I bring that and, presto, straight down a sewer of narcissism.

Only one correct answer:  shut up and play it again only without the funereal this time.

No comments: