Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tick Tock, Said the Sunshine Man

and he asked, do you think it's going to rain.
I said, it looks kind of sunny 
so he asked, are you feeling any pain.
I said, I'm old so it goes without saying
I'm just glad when the Sun shines again.

Sometimes it gets so dark I feel like cryin'
all the demons fly around sayin' I'm dyin'
The Sunshine Man said, I'm not any demon
I said, this I know, this I know, brother man.

He said, it's a long, long way to Tipperary
I told him, I have no idea where it is
Then he said, that's ok as I don't
because we're just lookin' for the blizz

What it is
What it is

Then he asked, do you think you really feel it
and I told him, like Cheech on his very best of days
He asked, can you feel where your legs are
I said, no, but I didn't need them anyway

What it is
What it is

He asked, where did you find all these cupcakes
but I told him, this isn't how they started out the day
I met this guy who said he was the Traveler
and now it seems another has come my way

What it is
What it is

He said, you know there's something coming soonest
It's something your friend will really dig
Because everything goes around in the Sunshine
like it shone for that very last gig

I asked, do you think she's going to like it
He told me, I'm highly sure the lady cracks a smile
because sometimes the Queen in her castle
needs her Court to come an ever shorter mile.

What it is
What it is

He said, I would love to stay until he gets here
but I'm so busy and have so much to do
There is no doubt the Queen will be smiling
it's like that when Christmas comes for you

He asked then if you always sing in riddles
Ish Kabbible,
fiddle de diddle, 
the cow flew over the Moon
but who ever asks why the Songbird sings
when she has come to us so soon.

No comments: