Thursday, February 13, 2014

Michi Renoir and Reis and Aldo at Cat's Art MusikCircus

There is very little I can write about Maestro Michi Renoir that I have not written already.  Although his set was completely different from the week before, this is what he does.  I admire tremendously his ability to improvise his entire set and I've no doubt I'll be admiring of that skill every time I hear him play.

Hopefully telling you about Michi will encourage you to come to hear him as he is an excellent representation of what Second Life music can be.  There's so much publicity for second-rate karaoke crap but that's trivial and will never push any new form of anything.  Michi Renoir, however, never does anything else.  Every single time he plays, he pushes for newer, better, and more transporting than what he played before.

Michi owns 'sagenhaft' as his name is the first word I think when I hear it.  'Sagenhaft' (pronounced sah-gen-huft) means fabulous or amazing and that's precisely the word I need to describe him.  Try the word only don't say it like you're Colonel Klink, let it roll off your tongue like you actually enjoy the sound.  It's describing something good so feel that.

Michi ist sagenhaft!

Ja!



With Reis and Aldo, it's much the same as with Michi Renoir as there's not much I can tell you.  I do know they will playing live in Italy somewhere next week so it will be two weeks before they return to Cat's MusikCircus.  Of all the performers I've met in SL, Reis and Aldo probably have the most active RL performance schedule with live gigs and out-of-town recording sessions.  See Aldo Brizzi's Web site for more on his musical collaborations:  Aldo Brizzi

Reis sings some of their songs in what my limited terminology would be a 'high soprano' and this sounds like something that would never work against the deep, deep bass and percussion Aldo is giving us but it's perfectly natural and perfectly beautiful when you hear it.  Reis is a lovely Brazilian woman so don't you worry about her singing low and sexy when she likes but it's an extraordinary thing when she goes high and Aldo goes low.


One thing you know for sure will change every week is Reis' stage costume.  She finds the most spectacular ones I have ever seen and you can see what she does with them.  As always, Aldo backs her and wears his business suit.  It's a cool business suit, tho ... of course it's Italian.

No comments: